a letter to you

Getting to know you was a beautiful adventure. It was like suddenly discovering the love of my life and my best friend, rolled into one person. There were moments when I was a little afraid that this couldn't be real — that you couldn't be real. Everything about you, about us, was just too perfect and we were so compatible it just didn't seem possible.

But I surrendered to the feelings you brought about in me and let it take me where I knew I was meant to be. I am so glad I did because it allowed me to get to know you and in getting to know you I was able to get to know myself — because you are the other half of me.

It was discovering new things about myself that I never would have explored and remembering things about myself I thought I had lost like my child-like laugh and ability to love deeply. Finding you brought a magic and a joy into my life, unlike anything I'd ever experienced. Believe me, there isn't a day that goes by that I am not grateful. Because in a world full of over seven billion people, I was lucky enough to have found you. Even though we did not last, even though our love was not a strong enough bond, I will forever believe you to be my other half — we just didn't work.

The type of love we had was overwhelming, it was too much for me, it made me ache in parts of my soul that I didn't know existed. I will carry my love for you everywhere I go, and will always cherish what I learned, what you taught me, and what we taught one another.