I Love You

Do you know that feeling when you come to the realization that you are completely, and utterly infatuated with someone? And I don't mean from a distance. I mean where they know exactly how you feel and you know how they feel. The feeling that you get makes you smile uncontrollably and you get butterflies in your stomach. I never thought I would experience it. I thought it was one of those things that only exists in books and movies. But I guess I was wrong, because in that moment, I knew I loved you. 

I loved you as much as I ever could. You knew every detail about me and I knew that if there was more to tell, I would have no problem spilling it all to you. I could talk to you, and only you, for days and I would never get bored. For the first time, I felt loved. I felt like somebody actually cared. I grew up being told that I was nothing special and believing it, but when you said that I was special to you, I felt like I had no choice but to believe you. 

It was perfection. Even though you never took it any farther than that - a relationship never came out of our conversations - I was perfectly okay with that. I knew you loved me and I believed that you would always be there for me no matter what happened. If we stopped talking that day, I knew that if I ever needed you I would still be able to text or call. Of course we didn't stop talking, though. In fact we talked even more. Spending almost every waking moment talking to each other; no matter where we were, what we were doing, we were always in contact, and I loved that. I loved you. I still do. Nothing has changed and nothing ever will. I haven't left yet and I don't plan on it. That is, if you don't. I love you.