camping.

'will come on we'll be late!' Mike called from his front door. the teens were going on a camping trip with all their friends.

'coming! calm down!' Will smiles and hauled a bag onto his back. 'ok come on.'
'Mike are you ok? you seem on edge.'
'fine just don't wanna be late.'
'ok is el already in the car?' Mike looked stunned, like he'd just been snapped back to reality. 'huh? oh i don't know.'
'shouldn't you of made sure your girlfriend was here first?' Mike shrugs.

'ready to go now?' Hopper asked the 15 year olds. 'yeah.' Will answered.
to Mikes luck, el was already in the car.

'what are you drawing?' Mike asked calmly. they'd just got Dustin but he was talking with el. 'oh, you.' Will shows Mike a drawing of him. 'oh. it looks really good will.' Mike smiled but will labelled it and went to sleep on Mikes shoulder as they collected Lucas and Max.

'we're here!' Max yells, Will woke up startled. 'sorry... but we're here come on!' everyone grabbed 2 bags and headed up the forest. 'bye dad.' El hugged Hopper.
'bye dad, thank you for taking us.' Will hugged him. it was his first time calling him "dad" but both liked it.

'coming will?' Mike grabbed his hand and took him up the hill.

is mike ok? i should ask shouldn't i?
Wills thoughts we're going crazy.
'Mike, are you ok?' Mike looked back and nods. 'why wouldn't i be?' Will sighs. 'no reason. are you going to let go of my hand before the others see?' Mike dropped his hand and will was throughly disappointed even if he was the one who told him to.
why did i hold his hand for so long?! Mike was mad at himself, he probably hates me.

'guys are you coming? you took ages now you have to share a tent because everyone else has already chose.' Max told them as soon as she saw them. 'ok.' Will shrugs, he didn't mind at all. 'ok.' Mike blushed. 'Mike are you sick or something? help me with the tent then go for a nap.' Will told him sternly. 'yes sir.' Mike joked.

Mike was now sleeping while Max was teaching el patiently how to make a tent. Dustin was getting someone to go swimming in the lake with him which Will and Lucas eventually did.

'hey can i come in?' el said and Max jumped in without anyone's permission. 'el come on. they can't stop you.'
'ok.'

Will heard El talking to Max.

'what's wrong?' Max was confused what el was going on about. 'Will you can join the conversation if you want.' Max said and he did. 'so what's wrong?'
'Mike. he's acting... weird. isn't he?' Will nods. 'what? what's wrong with him?' Max was confused even more. 'i don't know.' Will said. 'but somethings different.'
'ok well what are use going to do about it?' El paused. 'i'm going to dump him.' both Max and Will gasp. 'why? he said he's sick El.' Max tried to convince her.

'i found something.' she said. 'what was it that would make you break up with Mike?'
'his diary.' El said. 'he doesn't like me anymore...' Max gasped. 'really? well does he like someone else?' El nods tearfully. 'who?' she shakes her head. 'i can't tell use but i'm going to dump his ass. right max?' Max was stunned. 'huh? oh yeah right!' Will sighs. 'el what did it say? are you 100% he doesn't like you?'
'yes! he said he loves someone else!'
'ok when will you dump him?' Will decided he couldn't stop her decision.
'tonight at the fire.' Max nods reassuringly. 'ok, but be nice about ok?' Will smiles, 'yes.'

later :

Will sat reading by the fire alone.
Max was with Lucas somewhere probably kissing or something, Dustin was determined to swim in the dark and El had asked to speak privately to Mike. Will, although he knew it wasn't his business, tried to listen to their conversation to see if she let him down gently.

'Mike can we talk?' El asked softly. 'yes?'
'i want to break up with you.' shit that wasn't gentle now i have to comfort him!
'ok that's better actually because i was going to break up with you soon.' although he sounded genuine Will heard his voice shake, he knew he was trying not to cry. 'i'm sorry Mike..'
'no really it's ok.' he walks away.
'Will, can i sit here?'

'sure.'
'el broke up with me for no reason !'
'there was a reason...' Mike looked up. 'really what?' he was aggressive but not at will. 'apparently she found your diary and knows you're in love with someone else.' Mike looked stunned, 'does she know who?'
'yeah but she won't tell anyone. not even Max knows.... who is it that you're so worried about?' Will put his book down.
'oh no one really...' Mike looked away. 'Mike come on, you tell me everything.'
Will innocently looked at his friend trying to make him feel better when Mike kissed him. it was long,hard and passionate.

'wow...'
'are we going to talk about what happened?' Mike finally spoke. 'no.' Will went to bed in the tent they'd be sharing.
eventually they fell asleep cuddling.