jealousy

Mikes perspective:

i went to school the next morning to see two people fighting.

'dudes who fighting?' i asked a dude call Jack. he's on the soccer team too.
'oh Troy and the queer.' the queer? my queer? 'Will?' the dude snaps his fingers and nods like he just remembered his name. 'yeah him.' i nod. 'wait will is fighting Troy?' he nods. 'will is winning to.'

i watch in shock and admiration.
Will was punching Troy while Troy was on the ground nearly crying. his nose was bloody and so were Wills hands. then he hit him one last time and Troy was knocked unconscious although now more than just his nose was bleeding...

i ran over to Will as did all the party members.

'Will!' Max ran first. 'what happened?'
'i won a fight against Troy.' he said as if that was normal. 'Will! when did you learn to fight like that?' Will shrugs, 'i was 5 or 6.' everyone is amazed. 'my dad taught me well. didn't he?' everyone nods. 'William Byers?' the lady asked, 'oh, umm...'
'come with me.'

i was left speechless as he was taken to the principals office. 'el did you see what happened?' she nods, 'Troy punched his boyfriend and called him names. i think Troy broke his boyfriends nose.' i was again speechless, 'boyfriend?'
'yeah. you know Stan?'
'he's his boyfriend?!' El agreed. 'so don't mess it up ok?' she whispered.

i was confused... why am i so pissed?
i should be happy for Will. he's literally been through hell. he deserves this, so why am i so mad about it?
is it because he couldn't defended us from the start but didn't and only stuck up for the dudes he's known like a day!

will :

'William we saw this all on CCTV, this is not the behaviour we condone here.'
'i'm sorry sir. i am. but he broke my.. friends nose. it was self defence!'
'we saw.' i was confused, 'so why didn't you help?'
'he deserves it?' i was furious.
'no he doesn't! he wasn't even looking at Troy! he was looking at me!' i was about to continue but was spoke over.
'see that's the problem. i know you're dating. i won't tell either parents but both are being called. sit there.'

eventually Mike walked in, 'Mike?' he went to the desk and discussed something i didn't listen to. i was drawing a detailed 3D dagger.

'so, you're fight was awesome will.'
'thanks. what did you do?' he looks down. 'don't hate me...'
'Mike?' i was confused, 'why would i hate you?'
'because... i beat your boyfriend up...' i was livid now. 'what?!'
'do you hate me?'
'yes Mike! his nose was already broke this morning why would you do that? what harm was he doing to you?!'
'more than you know Will..'
'no! don't talk to me.' i turned away. 'Will, no i can explain.'
'no Mike.' i went back to drawing.

flashback:

Mike felt furious at Stan for dating Will. he hated that he didn't even know WHY he was so mad. so naturally he went to Stan's locker.

'oh, hi Mike.' he said already sounding exhausted and sore. 'hi.' Mike thought for a minute, debating before beating up. he punched him, kicked him to the ground and proceeded to kick his ribs until he vomited blood.

non of the party spoke to him for a week
more.

until
Max did.