RUMOURS

next day :
Tw - blood and slurs.
'hi Mike. where did you go last night?' Lucas asked when he was at his locker, 'huh? oh i had to babysit Holly. Nancy had a date and my mom was out and dad was working.' he explained. 'i was too busy to text. sorry.' Lucas looked at him oddly, 'what?' Mike thought it was a perfect lie. 'Nancy was out with Jonathan?'
'yeah, why?'
'Jonathan is at collage this weekend.'
'he came and picked her up. she's staying at his dorm actually....'
'ok then.' Lucas walked away confused. he sighed, he'd gotten away with his double life.

'hi Mike. sick party last night.' a guy from the soccer team patted his back, 'what happened with you and Amy?' he held in an eye roll and gag, 'a lot.' a lot did happen and now that he's sober he'd regretted it all. 'nice!' the dude high fives him and leaves.

'patty?' Max was behind him. 'yeah my sisters birthday party.' he lies once again, trying to make it seem similar to the lie he told Lucas. 'oh... why didn't you so? i would've got her something.'
shit.
'it was kind of... surprising. i forgot it was yesterday.' Max nods unconvinced. 'Mike you know you're an awful lier don't you?' he nods, 'i know. why?'
'because i know you're lying but that isn't my problem.' she walks away mad. he hit his head of his locker door.

'aww bad day?' Troy mocked. 'yes.' he walked away. 'hey Mike!'
'what?!' he snapped loudly, 'if you see the fairy will you tell him i'm looking for him?' Mike looks confused, 'why are you looking for him?'
'because he knows something he shouldn't. i just want to come to an agreement.' Mike nods. 'ok...'

h walked to the bathroom no one uses as it's on the stairwell in the middle of the stairs.

Will was crouched behind a wall. 'will?' Will jumped, 'shh.'
'Troy's in art.' art was at the other end of school. 'ok.'
'what did you find out?'

Wills perspective:

i shouldn't tell Mike. should i? Troy would kill me.

'i can't tell you.' i say honestly. 'why not?'  i did not know how to reply.
'because he'll be mad. really mad.'
'Troy? he's weak Will. what happened?' i sigh, 'i found him kissing a boy behind the bleachers...'
'so he's been homophobic to you all these years when he's gay too?' "too" he knew. 'yeah. but don't acknowledge it.' Mike was shaking with anger. 'Mike?' i watched him storm of and text Max and Lucas to help me get to class. the two came immediately.

'dude do you knows what's happening in the hallway?' i looked at her questioning, 'no what?'
'Mike and Troy are fighting a lot. i think it's over you. there's blood. a lot.'
'from who?' they shrug. 'shit.'
'you told him what you saw?' i nod.
'Will!'
'sorry.'
'well what are you going to do?'
'nothing i'm going home.' i ran home it was before first period to no one would ask. i'd tell my mom
i was sick.

Max :

i saw Troy and Mike still fighting.
'why? you bullied all my friends!' i heard Mike yell. 'not the girls.'
'because you're creepy and think you've got a chance.' Mike snaps as something else snaps too. Troy's arm. he screamed in pain as a teacher came to help the situation.

'Mike take one of your friends to the principals office.' he chose me because i was closet. 'where's will?'
'he ran home. what the hell was that?'
'Max i took you because i knew you don't care.' i sigh, 'fine. what happened?'
'he said he wasn't gay and that Will
lied because he's in love with him.' i nod, 'good. so you're quitting soccer?'
'no. my dad payed for half the school deposit so they'd keep me no matter what. i don't even like it!' he complained.
'sorry.' he nods in appreciation.

i waited for 40 minutes before he came out. 'well?'
'well he's in the wrong. i said he was bullying all my friends.'
'so he's in trouble?' he nods, 'as far as he knows it was self defence but you're my witness so..'

'what did you see?'
'well Troy was saying bad stuff about Will. Mike defended him and Troy got violent.' the principal seemed satisfied and let me leave. 'he's of the hook.'

'you're off.' i told him and walked back to class with him. 'thanks.'

by lunchtime a lot of rumours were spread about Will being in love with Troy so much he tried to tell others he was gay too. Troy declared when Will was back he'd kill him, Mike ended that one quickly though.

i told Will everything and he was absolutely terrified for what was going to happen when he came back. he'd probably become more of a social reject if possible.

{ filler chapter mainly. only wanted to write this to continue i know it's probably awful. }