Part 11

AveryNewt wasn't at dinner

Avery
Newt wasn't at dinner. I was worried and Minho seemed unfazed. I left early to look for him.
I first went to his hut, but he wasn't there. Next I went to the forest by the big tree. He wasn't there either. Wandering around I find Alby.
"Hey Alby!" I say, "do you know where Newt is?"
He gives me teasing smile "how come?"
"Just because"
"I believe he is in the tree balcony,"
"Thanks! Your the best!" I respond. He gives me a wink in return.
Sure enough I see Newt leaning against the railing of the makeshift tree house thingy.
"Hey stranger! Why went you at dinner?" I yell up to him, which made him jump a little.
"I will eat later" he says.
"Well that's not what I asked, I'm coming up"
I climb up the ladder and join him on the balcony. I can tell I caught him in deep thought.
There was a few moments of silence before I couldn't take it any longer.
"Look," I say turning to face Newt who was still looking out to the glade, "I shouldn't have blurted out about when you got injured. It was very rude of me to jump into something so personal and I'm sorry."
"I should have told you sooner" he responded quickly, now turning to me, "I'm sorry as well. We are very close and I want to have an open relationship."
I take a moment to process, "as in a friendship relationship? Or a relationship relationship?" I smirk.
"I don't know," he teases turning away.
"Oh come on now" I exhale. He lets out a chuckle and looks to the sky. His messy hair swaying in the afternoon breeze.
Taking a couple of steps closer he says in a soft voice "Whatever you prefer." He then tucked one of my baby hairs behind my ear. I let out a slight giggle.
Before I knew what was coming, Newt slipped his hand around my waist pulling me closer. He then leaned down and kissed me ever so gently but god it felt good. His lips where warm and tasted like berries. I wrap one arm around his neck and the other hand intertwined in his hair. We where getting into the rhythm and everything came so naturally. But we both knew we had to get going. We part from each others lips. He gives me a smile and I give him a big hug.
"I guess I should go eat now" he says, I can hear the happiness in his voice.
"Good idea!" I muffle into his jacket. He chuckles again, making my heart feel warm. After another minute we let go and climb back down to reality. We walk back to the glade together, sunset as beautiful as ever.

NewtI was very tired after the eventful day

Newt
I was very tired after the eventful day. When I went to my room I changed into my night clothes. I plopped onto my bed ready to rest, but my mind raced.
I replay my day, and I get stuck on the kiss. I've never felt this way to someone before, that I remember at least. Whenever I think of Avery I get all happy. She makes me happy.
Once I calm my brain down I fall asleep instantly, peacefully.