Chapter 10: Wings

lets get back to seriousness ;)

i also got an insta, i probs wont be posting but yk  its just.breezi

. . .

"So... (Y/n)."

"Hm."

"What do you think about seeing someone?"

"Seeing... someone? Like you? How sly," You said with a soft smile.

"N-No! I mean, yes, but no, I mean-"

"Okay, you can stop being flustered at everything now, just spit it out."

"Like a therapist...?" He suggested nervously.

Silence filled his ears as you contemplated his words. He hoped you wouldn't get upset.

You fiddled with whatever you had been holding for a good second, before pausing and quickly shoving your hands back into your pockets, trying to act not the slightest bit fazed by his question.

"Nah, I'll be fine, and I don't need a professional to prove that," You explained straightforwardly, turning your back to him in an attempt to change the subject. You bit your lip nervously before continuing. "So... what are we gonna do today? It's Saturday, so how about we go do something fun...! Unless you have plans or something. Maybe we can meet up with those volleyball friends of yours. That'd be cool, for me to finally say thank you and apologize for causing them trouble-"

"(Y/n). It's not about proving anything. It's about getting the help you need."

You frowned at your failed attempt.

"... Well, what if I don't need help?" You faced him again. "I'm fine right now."

You forced a smile and pushed down your negative thoughts.

"No, you're not. And you never know how much it'll help until you try it."

You groaned and face-planted onto his bed. "I don't wannaaaaa~"

You didn't want to think about that, you wanted to go on with your normal life and have the common mindset of "whatever happens, happens."

"Stop being so stubborn. If you don't say anything, I will," He replied confidently. He didn't trust you entirely, and he was certain your problems wouldn't fade away like that in a single day. "Talk to your parents. They'll understand."

"Ugh, but then I'll be all... burden-y."

Sugawara sat beside you. "Can you just treat this seriously? This is your life we're talking about, and it sounds like you don't care at all."

"Exactly."

He deadpanned. Of course you'd say this. I didn't want it to come to this...

"Just remember, I know where you live and I'd be more than happy to turn you in to your family," Suga sighed nonchalantly. You panicked.

"AAAAH SHUT UP, OKAY, I'LL CONFRONT THEM," You shouted into the pillow. Then you got up, remembering you were ready to leave already. You spoke shyly: "... only if you'll come with me."

He smiled softly and took your hand in his, preparing to take you home. "Of course."

. . .

Every step felt like a repetitive, dreadful movement.

Your parents wouldn't be mad but you were beyond fearful of how they'd react. You didn't want to break anyone else. You didn't want to be the reason of yet another hardship.