Chapter 5: Losing your keys and a bit of your sanity

STORYTIME [yes like those old thomas sanders vines] okok so i was talking to my crush once upon a time n they said a joke, so i laughed respectfully and i said

"omg ur such a comedian, i could never; no like seriously everytime you make a joke i laugh so hard oxygen comes out of my nose" like nani the fuck whered my two brain cells go-

Idontknowifthisisappropriateonasemi-angstfanficbutstill -

at least now y'all get a glimpse of how genuinely chaotic and awkward author-chan is irl

looking forward to hear ur stories~ 🤭

NEWAYS

double update this week because you guys are awesome

and because i finally got my motivation back, yayyy

also im almost at 500 reads omg-

grr long author's note

. . .

You side-eyed the streets from the crosswalk and made your way down the familiar sidewalks, each step beginning to feel like a numb, repetitive cycle.

However, this cycle broke when you spotted the house in the distance, the darkened rooms signalling to you that your family had yet to return home and read your note.

You waved at Sugawara to stay close, since it'd look awfully suspicious if a random highschooler walked into a stranger's home. Without thinking, you grabbed his (your) hand and dragged it to your house's front door, urging him to open it before someone spotted you.

Your neighborhood was filled with caring people, they always looked out for each other and were quick to report suspicious activity. You'd hate to be a burden once more.

"Sugawara, reach into the back pocket of your pants, the keys should be in there," You urged, with much more impatience tainting the tone than you intended. "C'mon..."

"What??" He looked shocked and slightly flushed. "I don't want to- you know- it's your body, wouldn't that be invading your privacy-?"

You deadpanned. "Don't be childish. It's literally just a pocket-"

You dodged around your bushes and reached into your own back pocket instead. He started squirming under your touch.

"Yo, stop it. I just need the keys-"

You turned your body around rather harshly out of frustration, pausing when you remembered it's not you in it. Sugawara winced as your fingernails dug into your body's shoulders.

"Why are you being so rough with yourself-" You stopped attacking Suga, realizing your keys weren't even there.

"Hey!"

You perked your head up quickly, glancing around in search of the origin of the noise.

Ah, your neighbor. She's an old woman, pretty close to the type to yell at kids for running on her lawn. The only difference is she did the same with teens who disturbed her neighbors.

"What are you kids doing?! Do you think you can just mess around in public like that? In front of someone else's house, nonetheless?!" The woman scolded. "See, I'll- Oh!"

She squinted at your body. "Is that you, (Y/n)? Is this boy bothering you?"

Without thinking, you replied. "N-No, ma'am! He's not!"

Discreetly, Sugawara jabbed your side. "Not your body, remember?!"

OH.

"I'll call your parents, they'll be right here to chastise this young man," She opened her door further and began taking out her phone to take a picture of Sugawara's figure.