Epilogue: Cloud 9

i love this song more than my life... it just reminds me of this story so much that it shocks me

,,, except for the fading part. y'all would never 🥺💞

neways, the song is linked above, maybe listen while reading. here's the closure y'all wanted.

seriously,, thanks for sticking with me. again.

. . .

"(Y/n)," Your boyfriend said softly, nudging you to catch your attention. It was muffled due to the earbuds blasting a sweet but somehow nostalgic song to what felt as right into your brain. You simply pulled one of the cords out, exposing half your body to the natural sounds of the world around you. "What song are you listening to? You seem really into it."

"Ah, nothing..." You mumbled shyly, knowing he'd want to listen as well.

"C'mon, tell me~!" Suga whined restlessly.

"Just a song that reminds me of us," You admitted, flushing. This boy was relentless.

He gratefully took one of the buds into his palm and placed it in his ear, swaying along to the music before he had even heard it.

Eventually, he froze as the first line had finally reached him.

When I start to tumble from the sky,

You remind me how to fly.

Lately I've been feeling not alive,

But you bring me back to life.

... When he loves me, I feel like I'm floating

When he calls me pretty, I feel like somebody.

Sugawara's eyes widened and relaxed, his mouth melting into a soft smile molded from the lyrics of the song. Without warning, he leaned in, cupping your cheek and meeting his lips with yours. When the kiss broke, you spoke again, red but trying not to show the fact you were so star-struck. Smiling warmly, he made you yearn for more.

"How is it that..." You began. His eyes wandered to your lips yet again. "You managed to give me my wings before I even fell?"

Koushi smiled and took you into his arms. "We're soulmates for a reason, you know."

You nodded and leaned into his chest. After all, all you needed was a reason to stay.

Koushi.

I don't want to seem the way I do,

But I'm confident when I'm with you.

. . .

You grabbed your notebook, stored safely under your bed. Inside of that book was various scrawled out emotions and a crumpled sheet of paper that contained what was left of your old suicide note.

You never threw it out.

Suddenly, you flipped through the pages, grabbing a spare pencil and recording the change.

Maybe you'd look back at this story.

Maybe you'd remember why you're here.

Because... so much changed the day we swapped. And to think that was supposed to be my last one is unbelievable.

It just reminds me to look forward to the next day and live to see it.

Since one day can alter your entire life.

That specific one was the day I met my pair of wings.

You will always be...

my favorite form of loving.

.

.

.

fin.