Chapter 2: A guy with so much clicking

Park Hyung Sik's p.o.v

"I'm sorry, son. I've got to get it done thoroughly." He patted my shoulder. His voice was really low, down by his guilt. I hated it when he did it. I felt like I was still in grade school. I didn't need this kind of ... pity. Not from him. I just needed him to have faith in me more. I would find my way to New York. I was already 26 years old. And I was already a lawfully goddamn lawyer.

"Dad. Please. Not you, too. I can and I will find my way to New York. I still speak English. I have the money. I have my friend to fetch me from the airport. I WILL be fine." Oh, FYI, we talked in Korean with Busan thick accent.

"But this is the first time you fly long distance, Sikkie. You have to deal with many things on the way. I really want to kill Jameson for making fatal mistake on the last part of the deal." Dad was furious a couple hours ago. A mistake on the contract and it risked to lose millions of dollar on our big fat client in Frankfurt. And Dad's associate Jameson was to blame. A Mistake with capital M. He had to cancel his flight with me to New York, and I had to fly by myself. 

Yes. This was the first time I flew long distance after I was diagnosed to have RP or Retinitis Pygmentosa last year. My eyesight was less than 50%. It was like seeing things through a straw with the light of small candle. 

"Dad. Stop it. I will be fine. I had everything with me. Please, finish the deal. We need the money, right?" I knew my Dad smiled, I felt it. He is my loving Dad, and my boss as well. Yes, I worked in his law firm after I graduated from high school. I admired him as a lawyer that I decided to become one.

"I already asked the airline that you need help to board. They will send a crew to guide you."

"See? You already set it all for me. No need to worry too much Dad."

"OK son, here's the man who will help you." Then I heard a voice coming closer to us. Dad gave some instructions to the person about my 'condition'. Then he let us go to enter the security check-point. "See you in two days, Sikkie" I just turned my face to his direction and gave him smile. It seemed like my blindness turned him to become clingy to me. Weird. It should have been me with depression or things like that. 

Clearing with check-in process and immigration things, I was on the way to my boarding gate when the officer who guided me asked my permission to the rest room

Clearing with check-in process and immigration things, I was on the way to my boarding gate when the officer who guided me asked my permission to the rest room. He said he'd got prostate problem that made him to pee every hour or so. I said OK, and he asked me to wait by the glass wall along the corridor.