Chapter 7: I'm not one - I'm a whole lot! (Part 1)

Parky p.o.v.

I felt itch on my knee. I woke up because the itch was annoying. I reached may hand to my knee and WHOA... whose knee was it, on my itchy knee?? Wait, where am I..? I touched the knee and tried to move it aside. I scratched my knee. But the owner of the knee was not moving a bit. 
"Hmmph... Parky? You awake?" That voice... Whoa... Sammy?
OK, I was taken to Sammy's condo. Got it. But... he was right next to me.. IN BED.. What I've done.. What we have done.. 

"S-s-sammy? Why are you here?" 
"You cried. You asked me to stay with you. You don't remember?" 
"Eh... really?" Why on earth I asked him to sleep with me? I did cry?? I was sure as Pope was Catholic that I didn't drink any alcohol. I was NOT drunk. Yet I didn't remember I asked him so. Was this a trick? His gay trick to flirt me?
"Stop that, Parky.. your thinking is too loud.. You'll get wrinkle on your face faster."
"W-what happened between us?"
I felt his motion. Did he sit up?
"Parky, please breathe.. You had hyperventilation and I don't want you get the panic attack.. "
"S-s-sorry. I just didn't remember anything. I swear I didn't drink any alcohol." 
He squished my hand. Usually I hate stranger touching me, but I felt right with Sammy's. Weird.
"Parky... listen to me. Last night you were sleeping on the couch, I moved you here in bed. Then you talked in your sleep. You cried. You asked me to stay with you. So I stayed here with you. Not because I am gay and I used you in your sleep. NO. I just worried that you sleep-walking and doing something dangerous. Nothing happened sexually."
"I didn't mean to accuse you. I'm sorry, Sam. I was just .. I don't know. Weird that I woke up next to a guy."
"Relax.. I am a gay guy, but I'm not criminal who molest young handsome lawyer then got life sentence as verdict. Not that stupid to play with a lawyer." He laughed loudly. I was just roasted here for my dirty thought. 
"Thank you, Sam. I didn't know what had happened to me. I guess it was one of my worst nightmare. Anyway, what time is now?"
"Thanks for mentioning me as your worst nightmare, bud.." I was shocked by his sentence.. Oh dear, I just called him as a nightmare? My brain was gone..
"What? Nooo... I'm sorry, I didn't mean that you are my nightmare.. No.." He suddenly cupped my face. I gasped for air, because I was so jumpy.
"Parky.. Paarkeeyy..... Calm down.. I was just kidding.. OK? I apologize, I played too far?"
I held his hands which still cupping my face in his callous palms. "Sammy, can I ask you something?" 
"Yes, Parky. Anything."
"Why are you doing this?"
"What do you mean with 'this', bud? Be specific."
"Why did you take care of me, protect me, keep me safe, and well... very nice of you sleeping with me the whole night. We are practically stranger, you have your world to live in and I have my own, too."
Sammy held my hands and caressed my back palms with his thumbs. Somehow I felt safe, home, secured, stable, those feelings that I never had from anyone before. He did all out for me, but always with consent. He never took decision without my consent. My dad always worried and took care of me, especially when I started losing my sight. But he always decided without asking me first. I was a kid - a 15 years old kid when we first met. Sammy... Sammy was totally different. He offered me solutions and respected my decision
"Parky, I believe in fate. The second I saw you in Frankfurt, I was drawn into you. How happy I was, finding out that you were on the same flight as I was. Then some incidents after we disembarked from the airplane brought us together, closer." I was chewing every word he said. Me, too. I felt that I couldn't reject him for getting closer. Every touch was 'right'. Every gesture fitted to each other. 
"Do you like me?" I was panting. My brain had gone mushy.
"Yes Parky. I like you. A lot. But you don't have to like me back, like I like you. I've told you that I'm gay. I'm just a gimpy gay guy who can't even walk properly. I can't protect you in a brawl. All I can do is my bad mouth, like what I did to that bitch in parking lot.." I didn't know how to respond, but my body seemed to betray me. I giggled to his saying. Remembering the parking lot incident.
"Sammy, I don't know how i say it. I thought I was straight, I had girlfriends. This last two days with you, I've been trying to define what I'm feeling about you.. about us. One thing for sure, I don't dislike it. I can't say that I like it - yet. I just want you to know that I don't hate it."
"I completely understand that. You need time to think about it. I don't want you to be unhappy. I never want to pressure you to like me back. I like you. I'm really grateful that you don't despise me because of my confession. If you want me to disappear from your life, I just have to respect you. Not that I'd be OK with that, but your feeling is my priority."