Chapter 4: Protection

Parky p.o.v.

(few minutes before the lip attack)

I bid Sammy goodbye. I really didn't know myself. Part of me wanted to follow him back to the airport building, and the other part asked "and what are you gonna do? what are you two?". I guessed I was still facing his direction when I heard Sung He said something behind me. 
"Sikkie.. "
"Yes?" I still gazed at the blurry dark in front of me, wishing to be able to see him but he was already gone from my peripheral. Did I fall for him? I never felt this toward a guy, especially Sammy whom I met just less than 24 hours ago.
"Sikkie.. I miss you." Suddenly my hand was squished by Sung Hee.
"What a-are you doing?" I pulled my hand off. She was Seo Joon's wife. She left me to marry my best friend. Either she was crazy or bitchy, I still held my anger to both of them.
"Let's go to your hotel and we can talk."
"I guess we don't have anything left to talk. I contacted Joon just because my Dad needed someone to take care of me. And I respect your marriage. Don't do this to me."
"Sikkie-a, Joon had submitted our divorce paper, we are in the process of divorce. He knew that I made mistake by marrying him and left you. I was just mad when my father lost his case against your Dad in court. We wanted to revenge, I was angry too. So I told my parents that I would leave you and marrying Seo Joon. C'mon Sikkie, I'll drive you to the hotel and we can talk."
How dare she said those things. She had used me and my best friend just to vent their anger. I was fuming when suddenly she kissed me. SHE KISSED ME..!!! What the F*CK..  

I jumped back and pushed her away, but my foot somehow hit a stone or something

I jumped back and pushed her away, but my foot somehow hit a stone or something. I lost my balance instantly and fell hard to the ground in the middle of parking lot. 
I was confused, hurt, and angry. To Sung Hee and ... to myself. I just felt useless, weak, and frustrated. I couldn't prove to my Dad that I was capable enough to embrace my new life with blindness. That being blind was not the end of the world. But right at the moment, I was on the ground full of dirt, not being able to defend myself from a woman's attack. Blind sucks.. My mind was fucked up. 

"You BITCH... What are you doing to him???" 
S-s-sammy?? That was his voice!!  I tried to catch the blurry blot from the source of the sound. 
"You get off from him, BITCH... Parky? It's Sammy.. Are you OK?" My hand was grabbed by Sung Hee but I swatted her aside. She sobbed and murmured something. Didn't care. Sammy... was back!
"Sammy? Is it you? Really?"
"Yes. Can you get up? Are you hurt?" It was SAMMY for real..
I heard the sound of his whirling wheels. He was near. I tried to reach while I struggled to stand up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me. He hugged me. I really had to hold my tears. 
"Shhss... I'm still here. You're gonna be OK. You're safe." I lost my words, I couldn't say a word just to express how grateful I was that he came back. 
"Come with me, Parky. I'll get your suitcase. Wait here." I could only nod to answer. I heard he wheeled to the car and yelled to Sung Hee to get my suitcase. She didn't say anything, either. I was sure that Sammy was threatening her. I just felt completely wrecked. I still didn't have any idea what I was gonna do if Sammy hadn't come back to check on me. 
"Here, Parky. Your suitcase. Now hold on my backrest and I'll take care of some stuffs before we go." 
"What? What do you mean? Your flight... You're gonna fly in less that two hours."
"You are more important than my flight or anything. That bitch really had a nerve to be killed by a gimp. I could make her deported back to Korea." 
Sammy was still fuming. I was stunned inside. He was mad because of me. ME. He even wanted to cancel his flight just because he wanted to protect me. I guessed we were going to the pick-up area, the spot we just had coffee before Sung Hee came. Then he stopped, touching my hand on his backrest. 
"Parky, in front of me is the table with a chair that we had coffee. Take a seat and I need to make some phone calls. Than we'll go downtown to whatever you need to go." He led my hand forward. My other hand tried to find the chair or the table. Got it. I dragged my suitcase to my side. Sammy wheeled to the other side of me. He grabbed my hand and pressed lightly.
"Hey... Just relax. That bitch doesn't deserved your concern. Attacking a disabled person can send the doer to jail, in her case is deported. You are NOT weak nor useless.. You are just a victim here. This moment doesn't define you as such. It's just like some accident that you can't control. You hear me, Parky?" I nodded. He was right. I felt better a little.
"Thank you Sam. I just felt bad. I couldn't defend myself against her. But you don't have drop everything just to take care of me. I would somehow find my way to my hotel."
"Just.. shut up Parky. I'm doing this is not just because of you. It's also because of me wanting to do so. Let's order something or else the waitress will ditch us to the trash can." He chuckled and he called the waiter. Then he made some calls.
I just a bit numbed with all I'd had. I was trying to comprehend what I'd just gotten into, and what had Sammy just got into, too. Just to handle one half blind attacked by a bitch in a parking lot of an airport.

 Just to handle one half blind attacked by a bitch in a parking lot of an airport

Sipping my coffee. I still felt bad for Sammy, I thought that I ruined his scheduled. He might lose much money just to take care of me. Meanwhile... a tiny part of me was starting itchy. Happy was sure NOT an appropriate diction. Sammy was the first person who captured me with his care, with his touch, and his warming words. This feeling was... weird, a good weird. Different from my Dad's caring, or the people at the Blind center, or anyone else. How could I get this feeling? I knew I was straight until I met Sammy. I was not sure at the moment. 

What am I? What are we to each other?

=======

Let's find out what Parky thought about them both. As for Sammy, he's gay - out and proud.