Chapter 6: Let me guide you (part 2)

Sammy p.o.v.

"Find the couch, buddy. I'll get you your chocolate. You can turn on the TV if you want."
"Thanks, Sammy. The condo is big."
"Did yo find it easy to do the Blind 101 for the dummy?" He chuckled. Boy... his smile was killing me. Lucky that he was blind. He couldn't see my birdie was starting to get excited. I lost my mind and I almost spilled the hot coffee. Parky found the couch with cautious. And he landed heavily, as if he found home. Well... I didn't mind at all to be home with him. I stepped on my left foot carefully. Then put my crutches forward. Step - crutches - step - crutches. I didn't pay much attention to my right leg, the one that complete paralyzed from my mid thigh. Kinda dragging it carelessly. One hand was holding one mug of chocolate. It was easier to bring something on my hands while using the underarm crutches. Then I lowered my self to put the mug on the table in front of the couch.
"Hey, Sammy. You don't use the braces? I don't hear the clicking."
"Nope. I had had it for the long flight. I just want to free my legs when I'm not working. Your chocolate is on the table in front of you. Careful, it's still hot."
"Thanks Sam." I dragged myself back to the kitchen area to get my own coffee.
"You wanna call your dad? I guess he's freaking out now, searching for you."
"I guess so. But my phone is not working. No connection and I can't change the network setting."
"You can use mine. Let me get it for you. I think I left it in my bedroom." 

Parky p.o.v.

I tried to see him. Damn.. I didn't have my ocular glasses at the moment. I used special glasses for a low vision to read the documents at work. But, I thought I got some blurry vision like this:

Actually, it was not what I saw, but pretty much close to what I really 'saw'

Actually, it was not what I saw, but pretty much close to what I really 'saw'. It was much blurry hazy kind of picture, you know. I heard his stepping gait and I was sure that he was dragging one of the leg. I guessed I start to get curious about Sammy. He was practically stranger to me. It was only less than 48 hours, but he had done sooo much for me. 

What made him to do what he did? Helping a stranger like me. Protecting me from harassment in public. Taking me in. Overtaking the hassle with hotel reservation. And now he gave me save place to stay away from unnecessary annoyance. Was it just because I was pitiful blind person? Was it just a sense of fellowship as both of us were "disabled", that we had to take care of each other? I knew that I was a bit panic at the parking lot, but I was sure I could get a way to deal with it. His hug, his hand holding mine, his voice, his soothing words, his asking for confirm to take care of my issues, Jeezz... My brain was mushy. I found the mug and sipped the hot chocolate. I had to think about how to pay him back. I heard the thuds of his crutches, he was approaching the couch I was sitting on. Then he sat next to me. He tapped my hand and handed me my cellphone. 
"I thought I left it somewhere. Where did you find it?"
"In the bedroom. Your bedroom. Sorry that I didn't ask your permission to enter the room. I just want to check the bathroom supply, maybe you need something."
"Thank you Sam. It's alright. This place is yours anyway."
"Still. You are the lawyer. It's kinda trespassing privacy, though." We laughed. Yeah, I was the lawyer. 
"Don't sue me, just give me your Dad's number. I'll dial it for you." I touched the screen to get the speed dial. I showed it to Sammy, and he dialed the number.