Chapter 3: I'll see you soon, coz you can't

Sammy p.o.v.

My mobility sucked. As usual, I would be the last passenger to disembark the metal bird of Lufth. Half an hour before the scheduled ETA in New York, I notified the steward that I was gonna need assistance and the wheelchair. Sitting for more than one hour straight was not good for my legs, and the flight from Frankfurt to New York was 9 straight fucking hours! It would be hell if I insisted to walk out from the airplane to the exit gate just to feed my pride. My left leg was already stiffed because I couldn't pull myself up to stand so often in my seat. It was difficult and annoying the passenger next to me.

Parky was zoning out again. "Parky?" He turned his face a bit to my direction. "Yeah, Sammy."
"You've got people to pick you up?" He nodded, but I could feel his hesitance. "Do you need me to accompany you meeting your people?".
"I guess I'll be OK. You have to catch your next flight to California, right?" I really fell deeper toward Parky. He was not so sure about himself but he still worried about my next flight .. and ME. Big Wow... I would have hated it if it was said by a 'normal abled body' because it was pity. But it was Parky, a half blind pretty guy who was not sure how he coped his own problem navigating.
"Parky, It's OK if you need company waiting for your people to pick you up. My next flight is still the next 4 hours. We can have coffee or something while waiting. I like having chat with you, and I don't have any plan to stop our .. well.. friendship?"
Looord... I sounded really desperate to keep him with me.
He smiled a bit, but his facial expression was brighter. "Thank you, Sam."
"Alright then. But you have to wait a while, I'd be the last person getting out of this plane, and I had to report to the transit desk before I could exit to the pick-up area. Is it OK with you?"
He nodded twice, as if to convince me that all was OK with him. Did he start to like me? Coz I already like him. A lot.

After dealing with all procedures disembarking the big bird, I got my wheelchair and transferred into my super light sporty black Quicky from the airport wheelchair

After dealing with all procedures disembarking the big bird, I got my wheelchair and transferred into my super light sporty black Quicky from the airport wheelchair. Sammy was patiently standing around me and listening to all sound I made during the tiring process. The ground staff who was supposed to assist Parky already left. I told him that I would guide my friend to the pick-up area. I let the other staff who was assigned to assist me to push my wheelchair.
"Parky, cm'here." Parky approached me slowly. I knew that he was super cautious and tried not to bump into anything. His cane was inside his luggage, he told me before when I asked about it. I held his hand. "I will hold you hand, or you can hold my backside of my wheelchair. So we could go to the baggage claim then to the exit gate together." He took a few seconds before answering. But he didn't let my hand go. At least he didn't swat my hand away. Booy... I was sooo pathetic gay. He smiled.
"May I hold your hand?" I certainly grinned from ear to ear... Of course!!
"Yes Parky, if it's OK with you." Well.. I didn't get any clue that Parky was gay or bi or unicorn..!! But holding hands with the same gender was NOT straight, either.

Then we headed to the exit gate and stopped at a small cafe. The waitress greeted us and pull one chair to let my wheelchair positioned. I led Parky's hand to the other chair across from me. 
"How can I help you?" The waitress asked. I ordered my coffee and Parky's hot mocca. Hmm.. Chocolate guy. Delectable. I had to slap my dirty brain.