Lies

"Please you must listen to me, if you go that way you will be betrayed. He set you up to be captured by the Queens Guard."

He seemed so earnest as he spoke, as if he were genuinely concerned about her.

"Why should I listen to you?" She tried to ignore the doubt curling in her belly, Charles would never betray her, he loved her.

"Please, I know of which I speak. Charles, he sold you out to the Queen for gold. He's told them exactly where you will travel thru Giethornee, they are waiting there to capture you and drag you back to the castle where she will execute you!"

He pleaded with her, taking a step forward, "Stay where you are!" She commanded "I won't miss!"

"I know you won't, I am not going to hurt you, I want to help you."

Slowly she lowered her arrow, "Who are you and what do you want with me?"

"Let's just say I am someone who is very invested in your story."

His eyes glittered as he seemed to say something that amused him.

"Are you a wizard, a fairy, or some sort of sorcerer?"

"Something of the like. Just promise me you won't go thru Giethornee and don't go back to Charles.  He is just going to turn your over to your step mother!"

As soon as the words left his mouth she had notched her arrow again, aiming it right at his heart, "How do you know the Queen is my step mother?"

His eyes were wide, he had clearly not meant to reveal that fact to her.

"Tell me now!"

She was shaking with fear, not even Charles spoke about her family for fear someone would make the connection and realize who she was.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." His eyes pleaded with her to trust him.

"Try me."

"I know everything about you. I know you are the daughter of the late King and Queen, your mother once described you as having lips red as the rose, hair black as ebony, and skin white as snow, your beauty is legendary, the people believe that the Queen wishes you dead because you are the fairest in the land but really its because you know she murdered your father to take the throne. I know you can speak to the animals because you are so kind, your father taught you to use the bow and arrow since you were four years old, you never miss a shot you take now, you have been living with the seven Dwarf bandit brothers after the youngest brother found you in the woods after you had escaped the huntsman that your step mother sent to carve out your heart. I know you think that you are in love with Charles the oldest of the brothers, I also know he is just using you, when you refused to try and take back your throne he went to the Queen and they came up with a plot to for you to take the fall for robbing the royal carriage and killing the guards and the driver and the Queens Guard is waiting to capture you in Giethornee and then she is going to cut your head off and eat your heart!"

He had slowly begun moving forward as he spoke, his words mesmerizing her with their truth, till he was right in front of her and he slowly took her bow and arrow from her shaking hands, "I know all of this, because I am reading your book Snow, and I cannot let that happen. Please you are my favorite character in this book, I cannot let you die!"

His fingers lightly brushed against her cheek, the electric feeling of the cool touch of his fingers breaking his spell he had over her.

Her hand drew back, slapping him hard across his face, she drew the knife from her belt, she knocked him to the ground, straddling him she placed the knife to his throat.