Chapter 1

Me, Jacklyn Anthen, sat on the cold steel ground of my little prison room. No, it's not like the ones that we used in the actual jails, like with the bars and stuff, but with real metal electronic doors and steel walls and floor. It really sucked, I had been put here for the crime of trying to save my little brother, Carmonie Anthen, as if that's a crime, but here on the Ark, yeah that's pretty much the third biggest crime here. The anger that has always been burning inside of me will be there, the commander killed all my family, I'm the only one left, my mother got floated for having Carmonie, my dad got shot by a crazy lunatic and my poor baby brother, got floated when he was only SIX! I don't understand life, it's unfair, but I think I could be the only one that dreams of going to the Ground. Because up here in space, you can't feel anything like I know you would feel down there. "God, I wish these stupid compounds had at least a window!" I yelled, pounding on the hard wall, ignoring the protests that my brain made. Just then the door opened to my cell, and in came two guards, my first thought was to be sarcastic or smart, but then panic bubbled inside of me, I backed away when the guards came closer, trying to grab me, but I shot through them and out the door, running down the hall and seeing my only friend Riley getting pulled back by another pair of guards, her eyes wide, but she seemed sedated. I just ran down the long hallway, then ran into even more guards holding a boy up who was half grinning half frowning, however that's possible, he had goggles on and he seemed as he he was about to pass out. Then I saw why, he had been shot with a tranquilizer and was as like all the others I saw were, I ran even more, then felt something hit me in the leg, I knew what it was but the world was already becoming fuzzy. I started to fall, but I felt arms catch me I opened my eyes to see a slurred seeming guard who picked me up and that was the rest I knew, but fear and anger and worry was burning inside me.