Chapter 5

I stared at the sight before me, a small smile creeping up on my expression. It was a deer that Clarke, Jasper, Monty, Octavia, Finn and I were looking at in victory. Finn leaned down and mumbled into Clarke's ear. "There are no animals, huh?" He snickered, pulling out a knife, and quietly stepping forward to the deer, but he stepped on a twig, making the deer turn its head. What I saw was terrifying and disgusting. The deer had another faced morphed into the first, and then it darted off, leaving all six of us in disgust and horror. I felt thoughts pound through my head. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come to Mt. Weather. I should've stayed back like Riley told me to do, Could the 100 even survive here? Then of course Clarke and Finn and Octavia....all of us got into a rough conversation about My. Weather and Clarke's life, that went on for a few minutes, I just stayed beside Jasper, whom he I trusted the most on this adventure other than Octavia. Who I noticed was walking up to the edge of a big rock that led into a large river, she was taking off some of her clothes. We all walked farther to see what she was doing. Then Jasper said this. "Damn,....I love earth." That made a jealousy burn inside of me, but I guess that was guys for you. So I let it pass, But now Jasper was giggling which made me jab him in the side with my fist, he continued smiling though. Clarke seemed shocked although. "Octavia! What the hell are you doing?!" She yelled at Octavia, who simply looked back with a small smirk and then jump off of the rock, we all ran forwards her and saw that she was in the water, her face half way in. "Octavia, we can't swim!" Monty warned, I smiled though, wanting to feel what actual water felt like. "Well....We can stand." Octavia replied with a giggle, standing up in the river. Clarke eyed her. "But..There's not supposed to be a river here." The blonde said, still watching Octavia. I giggled, pushing the loose hair back out of my face. "Well there is. So take off your damn clothes." Finn answered Clarke, who was smiling now. I threw off my jacket and I saw Jasper starting to take off his clothes, I grinned. Then I noticed Jasper staring at the river in fear, I turned my head to look in his direction and saw something huge swimming towards Octavia. "Octavia...Get out of the water." Jasper started, Octavia just turned her head to look. "Get out of the water now!" Me and Jasper shouted at the same time, I felt fear bubbling inside me. Then the thing attacked Octavia, dragging her underwater. "Octavia!" Jasper shouted, I jumped forwards but Monty held me back. I shook my head in protest and fear. Then I heard Octavia scream and she surfaced, screaming. I ran forwards to the edge of the rock, yelling Octavia's name. "What the hell is that?" Monty asked nobody, but it didn't matter. "I don't know, but we got to save Octavia." I answered, still watching Octavia, knowing my voice was shaking. I saw Monty, Finn and Clarke pushing a rock into the water, knowing that they were doing it to distract the creature. "It worked! It let her go!" Finn shouted, but Jasper ran to Octavia, Me at his side. "Octavia get to the shore now!" He yelled, jumping in the water to get Octavia, who was flailing around helplessly. I saw the creature turning back, I helped Jasper and Octavia back to the shore, then everybody ran over to us. I watched as Clarke wrapped up Octavia's wound she had got from the creature with pieces if Jasper's shirt. I sighed, still panting in fear. Jasper was just half hugging Octavia and breathing heavily like Octavia was also doing. Monty smiled, patting Jasper's shoulder. "Next time, save the girl." Which I didn't get for some reason but it worked, Jasper gave me a thank you look for helping him get Octavia. I just nodded.

Later, it was already night and Now Jasper and I sat together, how we were already kinda in a tiny relationship....I don't know? But it was nice. "Do you think Octavia will be okay?" I asked, my head on his shoulder. "Yeah, she'll be fine." Jasper answered, rubbing my bare legs, because I was stubborn and hated to wear pants, but that was on the Ark, out here it was a different story. My legs now we're cold and they itched. "Your legs are cold." Jasper mumbled, looking down at me. "Yeah, I know."

"Why did you wear them?"

"Because it as nice when I was in the Ark." I mumbled back, laughing quietly.

"Nothing was nice there except the food." Jasper laughed. I smiled, exhaustion filled my thoughts. "I...go....to..sleep..." I murmured. Laying down in Jasper's lap. "Sleep awesomely." Jasper mused, running his hand through my hair, which felt really good. So I fell asleep that way, a smile on my face.