Chapter 6: Fire elemental

8:00 AM

"You're right on time!" said Lord Aredhel anxiously.

"So where is Sussana?" said Robin, looking around the tall corridors of the dark tree.

"She should be here shouldn't she?"

Just as Robin said it, one of the portals started glowing and a woman came out.

"Umm... hi I'm Sussana, you can call me Susie".

Sussana had brown curly hair along with yellow eyes, pointed ears, and a black robe.

"Shall you five get started?" Lord Aredhel asked impatiently. "Remember you will get 350,000 pounds!"

"Ok I'm ready!" I looked around to see if everyone else was excited. "Which portal shall we go to first?"

"First of all you all need to talk to your elemental lords, I already talked to mine so now I have full control of earth," Susie said proudly. "So let's go to Fire first since that's meanest lord."

"Which one is the easiest?" asked Goldie.

"Probably yours, Wind is very easy going, but she isn't easy to fight," Susie stated.

"Fight?" asked Bella. "I thought you said we had to talk to them".

"Yeaah... by talk, I meant fight," chuckled Susie.

"Let's get going! We don't have all day!" Robin said.

"You're right dear! Let's do this," I said.

Both Robin and I went into the fire portal first. Huge flames surrounded the outer rim of the portal. When we looked inside we saw a huge lava pit and a large dragon sleeping on top of a volcano.

Why was I so excited to do this? I thought to myself.

Bella, Goldie, and Susie came through the portal next, in awe with what they saw.

"I feel a lot stronger here," Robin said.

"And I feel a lot weaker here," I added to Robin's comment.

"Come on, follow me. I know a quicker way to get up there," said Susie. We all followed Susie into a cave with furniture laid all around.

"Not to be rude but what is this place?" I asked.

"Before I used to be a runaway so I moved here. My parents hated me anyway so I didn't really care about their feelings," Susie answered.

"I'm so sorry." Bella told Susie.

"It's fine... Oh hey look we're so close," Susie exclaimed. "We should start whispering though once we get closer." We all walked further into the world, following Susie.

"We're here," whispered Susie eventually. "Take out your weapons. Robin, you have to go up to that dragon on the count of three, wake him up, and tell him you're his heir to the fire elemental."

"S-sure," Robin whispered, frightened by the large dragon.

Robin walked up to the flaming dragon and patted his nose. He sneezed and two huge puffs of fire came out of his nostrils. Unexpectedly, he woke up and two beady eyes stared at Robin.

"Who are you?!" the dragon asked in a large, booming voice.

"I-I-I'm Robin, the heir to your elemental powers," Robin stuttered nervously.

"So you're the 10,687 possible heir to my powers?" the dragon asked, peering down at Robin, "Well guess what?"

"W-what?"

"None survived against me and most of them never showed up, out of fear."

"Well I'm going to be the first person to beat you," Robin all of the sudden got a boost of confidence.

"Oh really?" the dragon laughed. Then he saw that Robin was serious, and continued talking, "Then let's get started. I'll be nice, so your companions there in the back are allowed to help you try and defeat me." The dragon pointed with a long claw at our group in the back of the cave.

"You saw them?"

"Yes, I can see through things you know, since this is my world. They're right behind that rock."

"Let's get started already," Robin declared, pulling out an arrow from her sheath on her back.

Robin pulled out her bow and magically turned her arrow into a flaming fireball. The dragon flew up towards the ceiling and threw a fireball from his tail.

Robin jumped up and fired 10 arrows at the same time, each dancing with flames.

"Goldie, use your air to drag the dragon down!" Susie screamed.

"Got it!" Goldie scampered up the rock we were hiding behind and focused on bringing the dragon down to the ground with her powers. Goldie forced the dragon down while Bella made a huge raging storm hit the dragon.

"Thanks guys!" Robin exclaimed.

The dragon, still being pulled down by the invisible force and still getting hit by lightning, used his tail to blow the storm out of his way.

"Red, make it rain! It should stun the dragon really bad!" shouted Susie.

"You got it, dear!" I yelled.

All of the sudden, it started raining and it combined with Bella's powers to make it stronger. Robin and Goldie combined their powers to create a fire tornado.

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!" The dragon started screaming in agony.

"ONE MORE MOVE!" Sussana screamed.

She put out both her hands and laid them on the flaming floor.

The earth started shaking and a humongous crack was formed under the dragons feet and the dragon fell in.

"We did it!" I exclaimed in delight.

"Wow, Red, I've never seen you fight!" Bella looked at me in disbelief.

"Y-You beat me," The dragon looked at Robin. "I will give you my strength!"

Sussana opened the crack wider so the dragon could get out and give his power to Robin.

The dragon touched Robin's forehead with one of his claws and Robin started glowing, but it soon ended. Robin put out her arms and made another fire tornado bigger than the last one.

"Wow, I feel so different!" Robin looked at her hands in awe.

"Let's go back home now, I think it's really late in our dimension," Susie said, gesturing to the portal.

"Goodbye, fire dragon!" Goldie laughed.

Goldie looked back to see a man looking at her instead of a dragon.

"Wait, what?" she said, surprised.

"I'm the dragon, I can be a human if I feel like it," he said, bowing to Robin. "I have one request for you. Make sure the Dark Tree returns to its natural state." And then he disappeared in a shower of ash.

"O-oh, goodbye, I guess," Goldie stammered, "But what happened to him?"

"Mine did that too," Susie answered, "I think once we've taken over, they die..."