Chapter 9: A break

By the time we got to Lord Aredhel's penthouse, it was extremely late. I let Goldie put Bella on the bed, and watched as Goldie then helped Susie put Robin on the bed. Apollo opened the door to our room and came in with a platter with 5 bowls of soup, he placed it on the glass coffee table near the fireplace.

"So who do we fight tomorrow?" Goldie asked excitedly.

"I think we'll fight Bella's spirit next." Susie said as she guzzled down some of her soup. "Your's is last, I'm afraid."

"Oh alright." I noticed Goldie's sad face as she slurped a spoonful of her soup.

"Ugh," Robin said, as she woke up from her nap."My head..."

"Yeah that's a nasty headache." Bella said. Surprisingly, she too was awake.

"What happened while we were out?" Robin asked. Standing up once she saw she was back in Aredhel's guest room.

"What happened was I got my full power!" I exclaimed. "Look at this darling!"

I swirled one of my hands and created a fish bull full of water, with a little goldish and miniature red castle. Bella applauded very lightly, and put her hands on her head again to lay down.

"Here," Susie said, handing her a flask with some type of liquid in it. "You'll feel better."

"What is it?" Goldie asked, looking skeptically at the bottle.

"A concoction of herbs," Susie answered, "It's supposed to help with headaches and other pains like that."

Bella took a sip from the flask and swallowed a mouthful of it. "Wow," she said, "That tastes really good! What's in it?"

"Uh," Susie said, pondering it for a moment, "Mint, for calming effects, passionflower, which relieves tension, and something else I kinda forgot."

"Can I get some?" Robin asked, rubbing her hands.

"Here," Bella handed the bottle to Robin.

"Thanks," Robin said, drinking a mouthful of it too.

"We should get some sleep," Susie declared, "It'll be a long day tomorrow, like always, and we're battling the Storm elemental."

"Ouu," Bella said, her eyes glistening with joy, "I can't wait!"

I drank the rest of my soup and got ready for bed. I put a nice red velvet onesie, grabbed my mask and cuddled into bed.

Both Robin and Bella decided to finish their soup near the fire, while they talked about the day's adventure. Susie also decided to go to bed, but Goldie couldn't sleep. I could barely sleep hearing her toss and turn on her squeaky bed.