we're lost in the closet, somewhere in Virginia

Will had a quest to go on, it was simple. Help a satyr in Virginia get some half-blood back to camp.

Will decided to bring Nicoand Leo with him, much to Nico's dismay.

He had a huge crush on him, but he was conflicted. He still had the 1930s mentality. Only Jason knew he was gay because of cupid, and every time he tried to bring it back up Nico told him to drop it.

He was ashamed and almost wanted to hide it for the rest of his life. For a while he hanged out with Will all the time, he didn't realize why at first. Once he did he still wanted to be around him all the time but he tried to avoid him.

But of course he brought him on the quest. 'Just my luck' he thought.

Day 1:
We went on the bus and Will insisted on seating together. I sat as far away from his as I could.

"Is Neeks ok? He's been acting a little standoffish lately" I heard him call me Neeks and my heart fluttered. Just as quickly as happiness filled me, guilt came to replace it.

"He hasn't been like that with me, I don't know what's up with him" I covered my ears. I'd heard enough, even though covering my ears only muffled it.

I fell asleep at some point, thankfully I didn't have a nightmare about tartarus, making a scene was the last thing I could have wanted. I woke up to Will shaking me "Neeks! Wake up! There's monsters here"

I didn't have time to get flustered, I just shoved him away from me and got up.

They say history repeats, well that's sometimes right. Long story short we killed the monster but the bus blew up. Very reminiscent of of Percy's first quest that he and Annabeth had told me about.

Afterwards we ran off into the woods, our camping supplies in our backpacks which we hadn't taken off.

"Neeks, your arms bleeding let me help" Will asked, pulling out some bandages from his bag.

"I'm fine!" I retorted, I hated being rude to him but it felt necessary. Though the look on his face made my heart sink.

"Neeks you're not fine, your whole arm is covered in blood"

"I said I'm fine! Would you leave me alone!" Turning my back to him, I went to unpack my sleeping bag.

"...alright then, um, I'm gonna got get some fire wood" Will said after a heavy sigh. He walked off and I could tell he was upset. Everything I did ended with me feeling guilty.

Though while he was gone I took the opportunity to bandage up my arm, he was right but there's no way I'd have him help me, have him touch me in any way. It would just fuel the forest fire of my emotions.

He came back, Leo lit the fire, and we ate some sandwiches we packed. Will started a conversation with Leo, but I kept quiet. When I had enough and it seemed late enough I told the others I would go to sleep, and that I'd take a watch shift 2nd.

"Night Neeks" he tried to be cheerful. I just waved as I got into my sleeping bag. I turned to face away from them, I knew my emotions would show on my face.

After what felt like a century I fell asleep. I wasn't as lucky when it came to nightmares as I was in the bus.

I was back in tartarus of course. When I woke up it was hardly a better situation.

I woke up in a cold sweat, screaming. I felt so pathetic to be screaming in the middle of the woods, before I knew it Will had his arms around me. "Hey it's ok, it was just a nightmare" he said soothingly.

I wanted to stay there forever, I wanted Will to always be there to comfort me. I wanted a lot of things that I could never get. My old friend: shame, came for a visit.