Jasmine's One Shot

(Jordan) One shot from Jasmine

I had felt a uneasy feeling leaving bre and carrie by themselves but i had to see what was behind the fences. I was cautious along the way making sure i was not to be seen or heard.

It felt like hours before I had finally gotten to a place where I could see the guards. I couldn't see anything else, they had tents over everything.

I was up in a tree when I had heard a rustle in the branches below, the gun was loaded and ready for whatever was about to come.

It was Bre, i felt a sense of relief when I had seen her. I had asked her where Carrie was and she had said she left her back at the tree and how she wanted to make sure I was ok.

Me and Bre had waited what seemed like an eternity to see if we could spot anything going on. After a while we climbed back down the tree.

We had started to walk back when I heard voices, me and Bre hid in some bushes and tried to see who is was, it was the guards on search for anyone who could be around. I had held my breath and told Bre to be as quite as she could. I had wanted to sneak back to the tree to warn Carrie, we had tried to be as quite as we could but I had stepped on a branch that broke in half. The guards heard us and started to fire, me and Bre ran as fast as we could to get out of there.

The bullets had nearly passed me and her, Bre looked back to see if we had outrun them but they were right behind us.

I hadn't realized it but she had tripped over a rock and had hit her head, she was completely knocked out. I had kept running and had left her behind, I didn't know she was gone until I tried to reach for her hand and she wasn't there.

I had seen the other guard chase after me. I had decided to shoot and try to hit him to give me more time. I had looked up ahead and seen Carrie sleeping. I told her to run as i was shooting the guard, my heart began to break as i realized I may never be able to see bre again.

Everyday I try to reassure myself that she may escape and come back. But i know that that is very unlikely.