Part 17

Kayla breathed a sigh of relief and locked her door. She headed into her bedroom and headed over to her wardrobe and started to pull out her summer clothes and some nice bikini's and put them in her case.

She packed a travel bag with her MacBook and other items that she wanted to carry on with her.

Kayla went to bed and settled down. Her phone pinged to tell her that she had a notification from WhatsApp.

Tommy Boy: Hey Kayla. Hope that you are feeling better. We have covered you for tomorrow's matinee so there is no rush to get in. Just make sure you perform the last show. We are having a little party at the Hard Rock Café again to celebrate our success of KDT Productions first show. See tomorrow at around 5pm. Love you.

Danny Boy: Love you too Kayla. Get well soon.

Kayla muted the chat again and then put her phone on charge and then fell asleep.

The next morning, Kayla woke up and took some paracetamol to help ease off the slight headache that was building up. She also finished packing up her suitcase.

Notifications popped up for her email account which had her flight, transfers and hotel documents in. She had also an email for her Visa. It had been accepted and was sent via email. Kayla was jumping for joy. She was going to LA.

Kayla turned off the heating and water so that she wasn't paying much towards her bills. All the lights were out and the alarm set. She walked out and locked up the door and then headed out to the Tube station. She was going to see if she could check in early at her hotel at Heathrow. She was staying at the Hilton until her flight leaves on Tuesday.

The credit card was paying for the couple of nights at Heathrow. The Tube was a long journey for her as she was flying from Terminal 5 so that's where the hotel was. But only a certain amount of Tube journey's goes via that terminal, so Kayla needed to hurry along if she was going to make it back to central London for her last show.

Once Kayla was checked in at the hotel, she quickly went up to her room so that she could leave her suitcase there. She grabbed what she needed. Kayla didn't want to attend the final show party, but she needed to appear. She had decided that she wasn't going to stay until midnight and that she was going to head out early enough so that she could get the Tube back to Heathrow.

She looked at her Apple Watch for it to show that she was running a little late than she planned. The lights were off and she locked the door behind her and headed back to central London for her last show of the year.

Kayla arrived at the Palace Theatre as it was ending. She managed to sign in before everyone left to grab some lunch. Her dressers were just helping Taylor out of the finale costume.

"How was this afternoon?" Kayla asked sitting down on her little two-seater sofa.

"It went quite well. Are you feeling better? Tom and Dan explained to me what had happened last night." Taylor asked of Kayla's health.

"I had migraine that made me dizzy and I fell and hit the side of my bathroom sink. I only have a couple of stitches in my head, nothing too bad. Well I'm glad that you have had the chance to play the lead role. See you on stage in about an hour." Kayla got up and started to put on her makeup and get ready for the last show.

She pulled out her suitcase that she had for the start of the run and started to pack anything that she didn't need for the rest of the night. This went on when she had finished using items that she didn't need. Kayla would ask Tom or Dan if they could take it with them as she kind of known that they would have their bodyguards on hand for the night.

Kayla headed down to the stage and saw the others. They all asked how she was, Kayla told them all the same thing that she collapsed from a migraine and that she had banged her head going down.

The last vocal and dance warm ups were completed, so they all headed back to their dressing rooms to get dressed. Kayla finished her makeup and her dressers came in after having their break to help Kayla get into her first costume.

The night dragged on for everyone. Kayla had just come off to get ready for her finale costume. Tom and Dan were stood off side stage to watch the finale. They were both ready and dressed for the after-show party.

Kayla just wanted this night to be over.

The curtain came down on the last show. Kayla was happy, she hugged everyone and then headed off to her dressing room where she packed up everything that was left. She saw James walk by her dressing room, she called him in and asked if he could store her case in the car and that she would pick it up later on. James agreed and took Kayla's case down with him.

Kayla looked around her dressing room for the final time and then headed to sign out of her second home for the past month and a half. She said 'goodbye' to the Palace Theatre where it was now going to prep ready for Cursed Child to start again in the New Year.

All the cast were at the party at the Hard Rock Café. Kayla strolled in and headed down the stairs. She looked around and then headed to the bar and ordered a Diet Coke. She didn't fancy drinking tonight.

Kayla turned to see Tom and Dan chatting to John Barrowman about what he had planned coming up. Others just mingled together. Kayla kept herself to herself and settled down in a quiet corner.

It was now 11.30 at night, the drinks were flowing and it was just 30 minutes until the new year started. Kayla had had enough and started to head back up to the stairs and head out. She was getting tired and she just wanted to curl up in her hotel room bed and sleep until late the next day.

Kayla had managed to get the last Tube going towards Heathrow T5. It would take her 20 minutes to get there, so as she was getting off the Tube the new year was rung in.

Kayla walked into her hotel and headed towards the lift and headed to her room to sleep off the tiredness that she had.

Back at the party, Tom and Dan were looking around for Kayla as they hadn't seen her walk in or leave. They asked the cast if they had seen Kayla, but they all said that they hadn't seen her at all that night.

Tom headed up the stairs and started to make a call to Kayla.

"Hi this Kayla, leave a message and I will get back to you or you can try and WhatsApp me or Facebook Messenger. Thank you."

Tom looked at his phone and was quite surprised to get the voicemail straight away. He tried again and got the same result. Voicemail.

Dan came up and stood with Tom.

"What's up?" Dan asked sparking up a smoke.

"Just trying to get a hold of Kayla. Gone straight to voicemail which is unusual for her."

"Here let me try and call her." Dan got his phone out and dialled Kayla's number.

It was ringing... then voicemail.

"Voicemail?"

Dan nodded his head in reply.

"Where has she gone to?"

"May be she was feeling too tired and decided to head back home. Don't forget that she was in hospital last night and that she may feel a little off."

Tom nodded his head and then stubbed his smoke out and then headed back in to celebrate with the cast.