Chapter 10: A Test of Power

The next morning Daniel and Alice woke up early and got ready quickly. Luna and Artemis was already up, so Alice filled them in about Kaito. They left soon after, stopping off for a quick breakfast at The Waffle House. Daniel blasted music the entire way there and they rode with the windows down since the weather was starting to warm up. It took them around half an hour to reach the airport and they waited at the pick up area in the airport. 

Finally, Alice spotted her friend’s messy black hair and leather jacket. She jumped up and started waving her arms, not caring how silly she looked. He grinned at her and waved before running over. He gave her a quick hug, and Alice worried about Daniel’s wolf side getting jealous. She was happy to look up to see him smiling at Kaito.

“Hey, man, I’m Daniel.” He offered his hand to him.

“This is my boyfriend.” Alice grinned at him.

“You’ve been here a little over a week and you’ve already got yourself a boyfriend?” He looked over at Daniel, he was only shorter by a few inches, “Have you already got your hands full with her?” He laughed. Alice slapped his arm with her backpack. The boys laughed together.

“She’s quite the handful, but it’s nothing I can’t handle.” He placed his hand on the top of her hand and Alice smiled cheerfully. 

“I’m so excited to see you Kaito-chan! There’s so much to tell you!” She said as they walked to Daniel’s Mustang. Kaito climbed in the back with his fairly large duffle bag. She turned around to look at him and said, “Did you bring your stuff?” With a look that she knew he’d recognize.

“Yep!” He grinned at her.

“When we get home, you’re going to have to help me get something from the attic.” She said to Daniel. 

“What is it?” He asked. 

“Well, in Japan, Kaito-chan and I liked to go to shooting ranges. We have quite the collection.” She played with a strand of her hair, knowing Daniel would be surprised by her even holding a gun. 

“You can shoot?” He asked, looking at her quizzically. 

“She’s the best person I know.” Kaito said. 

“I’m not that great.” She blushed. 

“Yes you are! You beat that sniper with a hand gun!” 

“What?” Daniel said with surprise.

“That was one time.” Alice said quietly. 

“So you’re a black belt who can shoot guns. What else can you do?” Daniel laughed.

“I can do park chore.” Alice smiled.

“What is that?” He looked confused.

“I think I said it wrong. Parukūru!” She turned to Kaito for the correct translation.

“Parkour.” He laughed.

“That!” She yelled. 

“Oh, I can do that.” Daniel laughed. They spent the rest of the car ride talking, Alice waiting to tell Kaito everything until they got home. Daniel finally pulled into the driveway and they all climbed out. Alice led them in and they all took their shoes off. The smell of fresh apple pie wafted in from the kitchen. 

“That smells good!” Alice skipped into the kitchen to see Luna pulling the pie out. 

“Thank you! I hope you don’t mind, I found things in the kitchen to make a pie and I know your mother loved apple pie. I assumed you’d be the same since you two are so similar.” Luna smiled at her.