Epilogue

Three years passed by peacefully, the most danger being the occasional thief or wayward villain set out for the Legendary Silver Crystal. Alice spent every day with the other scouts, despite their graduation two years before. 

Alice skipped down the hallway as the doorbell rang, knowing it was Daniel. The girls, her parents, Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna all sat in the living room, ready to start the celebration for Alice’s 20th birthday. She flung open the door to Daniel holding a stack of boxes. 

“Happy birthday!” He yelled, grinning down at her. She threw herself into his arms, glad she was finally over the battle. He leaned down to kiss her, wrapping his arm around her. 

“You’re late!” She pouted, stepping aside to let him in.

“I’m sorry, I was picking up your last present!” He kissed her forehead. 

“Not a good excuse since I said one present!” She crossed her arms with a smile. 

“It is one present! It just has multiple parts to it!” He grinned at her. She couldn’t help the giggle that bubbled in her throat. 

“Fine! You win. Come on!” She pulled on his arm, leading him to the living room. He set the presents with the others that littered the coffee table. She blushed as they started to sing happy birthday to her, but she quickly forgot about it when the cake was handed to her. They all socialized and chatted, Alice noticing a strange nervousness from Daniel. As their time together passed, she could sense his emotions and thoughts more and easier. 

When it was time for her to open her presents though, she understood why. She saved his present last, at his request, and opened the others eagerly. When she got to his presents, she didn’t notice him grab the tiny box that was sitting on the edge of one of the boxes. The first box held a beanie with cat ears, another a beautiful necklace with a star, and finally there was a dress she’d been dreaming about practically. She squealed and threw her arms around his neck, kissing his cheek.

“There’s one last one.” He said with a smile. 

“Where is it?” She asked. He stood up, moving over so that they weren’t in front of the couch. 

“Right here; I couldn’t think of a better place for this, other than with our friends and your family, and I knew now was as perfect a time as ever.” She felt tears in her eyes as he pulled out a small, black velvet box and dropped to one knee. The looks on everyone else’s faces told her that they knew he was planning this. Usagi was crying from across the room, looking happier than ever. 

“You’re my mate, and I don’t know what I’d do without you, Alice. We’re at a point in our lives where we both know we won’t back out on each other. I love you and that’s why I want to be the luckiest man in the world. Will you marry me?” He opened the box to reveal a small ring with a large, rectangular stone , surrounded by clusters of smaller stones. Alice began to cry out loud covering her mouth with one hand. She was crying too hard to reply verbally, so she simply nodded her head quietly. She watched a smile cross Daniel’s face as he stood up. She dove into his arms and he wiped the tears from her face. 

“Can I put it on?” She asked, her voice breaking. 

“Of course!” He laughed, pulling the ring out. He slipped it on her finger and she smiled when it was a perfect fit. 

“Were you late picking this up?” She asked, now in control of her voice.

“Yes; they had to order in a smaller size since you have such tiny hands.” He laughed. She laughed before kissing him, already eager for the future.