3• Knew Too Much

Chapter 3 - Knew Too Much

*POV - NEWT*

I still felt worried towards Luna but I know not to push it. If she didn't want to tell us then I'm not going to keep questioning her. I know from experience it's bloody annoying.

It was weird how she remembered her best friend from outside the glade, that's never happened before and it warmed my heart slightly knowing that Luna had a pleasant memory. From the way the red head talked about 'Aelia' I could tell she meant a lot even if she couldn't remember. I felt sorry for Luna knowing she probably won't get a chance to see her again and then I felt pure anger towards the creators who locked us up here. We had a family, a life and they took it all away from us. And for what?

'You okay blondie?'

'Oh yeah just zoned out sorry.'

'Carrying on, Luna what job do you think you'll be best at?' Chuck asked going back to their former conversation.

'I have no clue Chucky, being a slicer has caught my eye though.' Me and Minho could both sense her sarcasm but the chubby boy obviously couldn't.

'You're joking right?'

'Of corse, if Winston or whatever his name is starts cutting up animals I'm running the other way. For all I know I couldn't have been a vegetarian before all this.' Luna joked before finishing of her bottled water.

'Shuck, I've actually never thought about that before.' Mihno confessed.

'Well that's not a lot you can do now is there princess.'

'You know what Lulu, if I'm a princess where's my crown?'

'Oh don't worry, I'll make you one.' Luna winked before switching her gaze to me.

I knew they were just friends (well I hoped they were) but I couldn't help but feel jealous at all their jokes. But all that disappeared when her hazel eyes were locked with mine.

'Woah, will you two stop drooling over each other there is a child present.' Mihno laughed but before he could continue mine and Chuck's jaws both fell when Luna pushed him off the wooden stool he was sat on.

'Ow. Lulu no need to get aggressive.'

'Sorry Min.' The girl winked at her friend before staring at the night sky which was decorated with bright stars.

Nights like theses were my favourites. Nights when I was laughing with my friends with the dark sky as a blanket over us. The fire that Frypan and Ably had created caused Luna's face glow and made her look even more breath taking then usual. Her hazel eyes lit up whenever she spoke and her dimples appeared whenever she laughed. She is beautiful.

'Fun's over gladers. Get you shucking butts off to bed.' The leader demanded.

'Well that's my cue. By guys, bye Luna.' The chubby boy waved before jogging off to where his bed was.