6: Lost Truths

*This part is going to happen different than it did in the manga (& soon to be anime, but not sure how they'll do it?). It'll focus on MC's battle skills rather than everyone else's.

Anyway, thought this was a good place to give you a heads up & warn about spoilers*

"Cute story," I called out as I dropped in between the three boys and the cursed spirit.

I had just listened to this thing talk about the degradation of the world and nature... The way we treated the earth was horrific, that much I agreed with, but cursed spirits have no place here.

"Careful, Y/n. It's a Special Grade," Noritoshi called out.

"Hmm? Are you now?" I cocked my head to the side. "So am I." I smiled to myself. It's been awhile since I had a good fight.

"I think it's one that has been after Gojo-sensei," Fushiguro added.

My demeanor quickly changed with his words, "You're after Satoru?" I huffed while taking an attack stance. "Then I'm afraid I'll have to kill you right here."

"You can't protect them," Hanami called out. "I will rid the world of all humans."

"Yea, well, you'll have to get through me first," I smirked. "You three, try to learn something from your senpai."

As I spoke, Hanami launched an attack in our direction. I quickly dodged the wooden spikes that flew towards us but one sliced through Noritoshi's arm.

He let out a loud groan on impact, and I whipped my head in their direction, "Oi! Toge! Make yourself useful, would ya?"

He nodded, but before he could speak, Noritoshi sent a blood bullet to the cursed spirit, actually hurting it for the first time.

"Not bad," I shrugged in amusement.

"Dodge," Toge called out to his fellow students.

Much better. Now they won't get caught in the crossfire.

Hanami sent another set of wooden spheres towards us, this time encoding them to follow us wherever we moved.

As they rushed forward, I manifested three, small black holes in front of the wizzing spheres and closed the portals as the attacks disappeared into the darkness.

"What was that?" Fushiguro muttered in amazement.

"It's not proper to play with your food," Maki announced as she dropped near us.

"Well, I don't want to make it too easy," I called back, excited to see her. She had seen me battle before, and I always wanted to show off in front of her. I just thought she was so amazing. She inspired me.

I noticed Maki was weilding a special grade cursed tool.

"Ok, Maki. Let's see when you can do," I smiled at her.

"You're going to get us killed!" Noritoshi yelled at us, but neither of us listened. Quickly, Maki struck Hanami with a single blow of her Playful Cloud, breaking through his guard and slicing the branch on his face.

Hanami was blown back by her hit but recovered much faster than I expected. Alright, time to stop messing around.

I stared at the special grade, deciding how best to go about my next attack. It wouldn't go out with a single blow, so I needed to get rid of its attack capabilities.

I caused my darkness to wrap around Hanami's arms, avoiding his attacks in the process. When I finally had a good grasp, I clenched my fists, causing the darkness to tighten and snap his arms like the twigs they were.