Chapter 8 - Hero Clan Battle

*Notice*

Hey everyone, long time no see.

Apologies for the hiatus. Hopefully this all makes up for it.

*Looks up at estimated read time* Uh... please take your time in reading this all. I'll appreciate your feedback throughout and at the end!

Enjoy.

------

The deadline day for the proposed battle against the Hero Clan members has arrived.

Throughout the preceded week, everyone within the household has prepared themselves accordingly. With Basara providing strategical knowledge on the Hero Clan opponents, each of you had carried out group paired training throughout each of the concurrent days of the week.

All of which led to the final day, in which an implication was brought about by Maria herself to suggest that yourself and Mio should conduct your own personal fortitude via the master and servant pact.

With this occurrence brought about the bolstering of both your strengths and power. However, along with it came the consolidation of another aspect which in turn was left to question for you both after sharing such actions with each other.

Were the feelings that were present last night really show a commensuration?

------

The morning had came, and with it your consciousness. Your rousing stimulus became more alert than the normal daily mornings, all due to the importance of this particular day of which had weighed heavy on your mind from the past week up to now.

A few flickering blinks to adjust to the dimness of your room whilst gathering your thoughts of recent events to detach yourself from your placid slumber.

In doing so, the events of last night regathered and retained within your mind. The most of recent, nor hard to forget. The question which beamed within your mind...

'Is she still here?'

Whilst in the moment of asking yourself that very question, you perceived a lack of weight on your arm, in which remembering Mio who had taken to cuddling around before falling to slumber next to you last night. A peculiar touch from her which you'd came to recall in the current moment.

Furthermore, you also discern a lack of body heat, followed by the absence of her soul. The answer spoke for itself, as you turn your head to where she had laid. An empty space left beside you, giving assured note that Mio was indeed not here.

A sudden mild confusion sprawled within your mind. Contemplating questions to why she was absent.

You bring yourself up with a light grunt escaping your mouth. Your eyes meeting the fabric of your still worn pants and shirt from last night. A noticeable deviation from your usual style of sleeping with no clothing.

However, something else became peculiarly noticeable on the beddings terms. The bed duvet was missing from underneath your laid position. Yet you could have sworn that yourself and Mio were laying atop it during last night.

You refrain from thinking on it as your mind returns to pondering. Last night certainly wasn't a dream. The explicit actions with Mio, still vivid. Even that strange kiss that was shared when she had abruptly suggested it in the moment of things.

Even especially, the feeling that swept within you when you conceded to her request. Something articulated through your actions with her, with the outcome not being the obvious gain in power, but in fact an alternative.

While thinking on it, you picture Mio's face. A candid smile from some of the rare occurrences that you've seen from her. Genial in such a way that it brought an easement whenever you do see her like so, especially taking in mind all that she's been through.