Chapter 11: Sunshine

[Ava's Apartment]

The warm sun shines through the window and onto the king-sized bed. Feeling the bright light, Ava moves her head and slowly opens her eyes.

The apartment is quiet. Connor must have gone to work. Thinking about what happened yesterday, she still can't believe that her dream finally came true. They are together now. Turning towards the empty side of the bed, she puts her arm over his pillow, buries her face in and takes a deep breath. Even his scent fills her with joy.

Suddenly, she hears a soft chuckle. Startled, she turns towards the source of the sound. —Connor is leaning against the doorframe, watching her with a spoiling smile.

"Good mornin'." He raises his eyebrows in a teasing manner. He was only there to see if she was awake but never expected to find such an adorable side of his girl.

Realizing he saw everything she just did, Ava's face soon flushes completely. She pulls the duvet over her head, uselessly attempting to pretend that the whole thing didn't happen.

Looking at the bump under the covers, Connor can't help laughing out loud. He walks up and sits down on the side of the bed, grabs the duvet and tries to pull it down — it doesn't move. After a few more tucks, he's finally able to rescue the wrinkled cloth from Ava's tightly clenching fingers.

Trying as hard as he can to hold in his laughter, he looks down at her still tightly closed eyes: "Are you going to suffocate yourself, Dr. Bekker?"

Ava doesn't answer, feeling her burning cheeks. Suddenly, she realizes something: "Wait, why are you still here?"

"I called in for a day off. I can't leave you alone like this." After seeing her feebleness yesterday, he couldn't bear to leave her for the entire day. Combing back her tousled hair, he smiles at her hazel eyes, now glowing splendidly under the sunlight.

As if a spell was cast over him, he bends over, pressing his lips against hers. He's not going deep, only rubbing on her lips gently. Slowly, Ava wraps her arms around his neck. Without separating, he pulls her up to a sitting position. Supporting her by her waist, Connor moves his head back: "Ok. Now go wash up and I'll cook us some lunch."

"Lunch?"

"Look at what time it is, sleepyhead." Connor chuckles at her puzzled expression.

Ava looks over to the clock. It's half-past eleven. She twists her brows slightly in annoyance — she's never slept in this late before. She's a light sleeper, but somehow last night she slept so soundly that even her internal clock didn't wake her up.

Connor smooths her wrinkled brows with his fingers. As if he can read her mind, he holds her face and turns her head back towards him: "Hey, you needed the rest." Smiling, he stands up and goes to the kitchen.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After a hot and fulfilling meal, Ava sits down on the couch while Connor washes the dishes. She had intended to go for a walk, but Connor insisted that she stays inside and rest. Though she tried to convince him that she was okay, he didn't want to see her collapse on the sidewalk.

Being a surgeon, Ava rarely gets days off. For a while she doesn't even know what to do, just sitting there, overcame with boredom. Until Connor comes over, turning on the TV and sitting down beside her, wrapping his arm around her. Without a word, the two watch the random program quietly. After a while, Ava quietly turns her head towards Connor. Looking at the curves of his side face, she silently raises a small smile.

Feeling her stare almost burning a hole on his cheek, Connor can't keep his head from turning towards her — he looks to his side and bumps into her shining eyes: "Like what you see?"

Suddenly overcome with feelings, Ava murmurs: "I just can't believe we are together..." From when they first met to now, from enemies to confidants, she didn't even know when she fell for him. Now, she's hopelessly in love.

Connor straightens his back and adjusts his position, facing his chest towards her. The next second, he reaches forward and his lips meet hers.

The soft pecks soon turn into long, deep kisses. His arms are now grasping onto her waist and hers wrapped around his neck. Separating from her briefly, Connor lowers his head — Her lips alone are no longer enough for him. He brings her closer and nibbles on her delicate neck.

Clinging onto him tightly, Ava feels the weight of his lips and the warmth of his breath on her body. Unknowingly, she wraps her legs around his waist, as if she can melt herself into his body.

Connor's lips continue to move down her body, leaving marks on her fair skin along the way. He pulls her collar down her shoulder and kisses her hungrily until a pair of cool hands slip into his shirt. Recovering his sanity for a moment, he fixes his eyes onto the woman.

Ava's hair is in a mess, her cheeks rosy and her chest heaving slightly as she catches her breath. She stares at him with her watery eyes, her lips pink and plump: "So we are not resting today, Dr. Rhodes?" She lifts the corner of her lips flirtatiously. Although as she says it, her thighs rub gently against the sides of his waist, silently inviting him to do more.

It's as if a fire is set on his body where she lingers and this fire burns all the way to his heart. He throws himself over her, once again sucking on her lips. Letting her go for a second to find air, he whispers into her ear: "...You better wish you slept enough last night." Without waiting any longer, he picks her up and walks into the bedroom.

This is my first time writing stuff like this haha. Do you guys like it? (Also, finding a picture for Ava's bedroom was an absolute pain. Trying to match my imagination is really hard... Did you guys have something similar in mind?)