Everlong

A/N: The video is a perfect duet cover for this chapter AND it made me realize that I have always seen Preston a little like MGK...so basically you get a two-fer visualization with this video... TrayKat's duet performance and what Prez looks like...

Kat Next Day Late Morning

There are not many shopping places in Caloosa County, so Prez and I have ventured into Chattonooga to a strip mall with a high end maternity consignment store. Growing up, the Ballard chics were never one to shop on consignment. Ocassionally mom might buy us girls a gently used Vitton or Kors from one of her friends, but that was about it. Now, I wear vintage gowns on loan all the time, so consignment is really no different. Where else can I find an entire store filled with high-end catalog maternity clothes?

I need a casual dress for tonight. Something pretty, feminine. Something with easy access to all the parts Trace will want peak-and-nip-at in case this is a slow seduction. But also something easy to take off if this becomes an urgent issue. It takes very little time for me to find the perfect dress, a butter-soft cotton off-the-shoulder mini, that is boho-floral in muted colors of browns, blues, greens, and golds. It shows off my shoulders and my legs but also falls beautifully over my bump.

I swish in the mirror. Does Trace find my pregnant body sexy? I know—and everyone else in SCIC knows—that when Mac was pregnant, Adam was wild for her, but honestly I think Adam is on the strongly primal end of sexuality to the point of being a little bit freaky, despite his beautiful decency in other every aspect of his life. So I suppose it was only natural for his inner caveman to want to fuck the bejesus out of his woman while she was bursting with the proof of his virility. He was reinforcing the attachment to his biological legacy, so to speak.

I think Bodie and Leed fell a little more in the modern daddy-to-be range, when it came to pregnancy sex. Bodie definitely toned down his energy in every way when Marley was pregnant. You could see it in the way he moved more gently around her, and hired a trainer to go hard in the boxing ring to burn some of the extra off. Marley isn't one to share all the dirty deets—at least not with me—but I imagine he toned it down in the bedroom, too.

I know Leed upped his worship of Ashlynn, in a sexy-but-spiritually-self-sacrificing way. He would often forego his own needs, instead using pleasure to make her feel beautiful during her late pregnancy. She told me he once gave her head backstage where they'd gone to do a segment on a morning show to raise awareness about her Sweet Child Of Mine philanthropy. Ashlynn prefers being behind the scenes always. She doesn't mind being on Leed's arm on a red-carpet interview or even in a video—being his treasure— but I guess something about her bad years still makes her nervous to claim the spotlight for herself. She'd been feeling anxious about being on tv and being the main interviewee, so heavily pregnant—even though she was, of course, beautiful. To calm her nerves, he'd kicked everyone out of the dressing room and dropped right down in front of her makeup chair to worship her.

No wonder she had looked so radiant during taping.

I rub my belly, admire the dress and wonder what pregnant sex is going to be like with Trace. We've had it, of course, but not since the babies are so obviously a part of my landscape. Marley is right about Trace in one way. He's a caretaker. There's a part of me that wonders if some of his reluctance to reconcile has been because he doesn't want to be too rough with me. Trace isn't especially kinky, but he can be a very vigorous lover—to the point of almost punishing. It's been like that almost from the first, once he broke me in, so to speak. It's not always like that. Sometimes when we make love more than once in a session, the first time is wild, and the next time is lazy, languid and beautiful.

But it's been a long time since he's had sex. I realize with dismay, I bet Trace hasn't gone this long without sex since he was married to Ashlynn. He can say what he wants about all the fangirls he slept with while they were married, but I know him. And I know there must have been dry spells. He might have had a few fun nights to release his frustrations at her relapses during the times she was back in rehab, but in the times that she was doing well, living with him, a wife in every way but intimately?