CHAPTER 05: WORK WITH POLITICS, LIVE FOR LOVE

My time of leave was over. And so, I returned to my royal functions.

The last days of this little vacation was quite a blessing. And I would never forget our special night together. Of course, even afterwards, more occasions had shown up for us to be wildly intimidate. But more than that, we didn't hide our love. We walked holding hands, we kissed, we complimented each other in such sweet ways, etc. Link's gentleman-like behavior was already something that I could call exemplary. But after his birthday, it was as if he was perfection personified. Well, almost. He still had the clumsy aspect of his person. And I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

The royal council and I had just finished a meeting. With Father overseeing silently the meeting, and with Mipha, Urbosa and the respective political leaders of the Ritos and Gorons being present, we had been discussing on the progress of fixing the damages done by the Calamity and other ways to help in other remote areas with the resources at hand. It was very constructive and dynamic. The council applauded my way of thinking and supported my rejuvenated ideas. Impa looked at me with a proud smile. I nodded to her, appreciating her never-ending support. Urbosa and Mipha offered the same encouragement through their smiles and nods as I greeted their eyes as well. I gazed to my left, not too far from me. Link was there, winking at me and clapping his hands along with the council. Every time my eyes crossed his, I couldn't help blushing and tucking a lock of hair behind my ear. Butterflies flew wildly in my heart thanks to him.

Lord Raros stood from his seat. "Your Highness, if I may..."

"Yes, Lord Raros."

Raros. If Impa was my royal advisor, then Lord Raros was my father's. He had been in the service of the royal family of Hyrule long before my birth. Despite his age, he also proved to be very skillful and daring with a glaive and wasn't afraid to tussle against the corrupted Guardians that we had to face in that previous war. His hair of white pulled into one long braid, his short-boxed beard that was always clean and sharp, his hazel eyes that held intensity like a hawk, and a stature similar as a soldier; this man seemed to always be ready to slay any adversary if needed. Whether if it was in the royal court or the battlefield.

"Your Highness, you have accomplished some remarkable feats during these last few years." He started. "You've been a great pillar in the reconstruction of the kingdom, your social and political tact has reinforced the bonds between our allies, and the people of all lands show to you an unparalleled love and admiration. Even the once dreaded Yiga clan, despite retaining their independence, reintegrated the Sheikahs."

"Your compliments honor me, Lord Raros." I expressed with a guarded smile. If I knew his reputation, he would always butter someone's confidence before cutting them with cold inquisition.

"But strong rumors landed onto my attention," his voice seemed to brew a storm. "Rumors that are the talk of yourself and your appointed knight, Sir Link, involved in an intimate relationship."

Some members of the council were surprised, a few were shocked. That was exactly what I was expecting from him. His snares and traps on the vocal and mental matters were known to all. I caught a glimpse of Impa. She looked very calm, but her knuckles were pale. She wanted to reply harshly but knew better than to act rashly on impulse. After all, she was not my adviser for nothing. All eyes were on me, waiting for an answer. The person that I was before would have been terrified. But today, nothing but an optimistic and strong heart embedded my being. I deliberated turned my attention to Link. He was surprised, but I gave me a smile, winking at him. He returned a blushed, but serene smile.

Work with politics but live for love. Urbosa's voice echoed in my mind, repeating my mother's words. Mipha and Urbosa gazed at me with confidence. I expressed the same feeling.