Chapter 8

*WARNING MATURE CHAPTER

Hermione woke up mid-morning. Draco was stroking her back. She turned in his arms and kissed him.

"Last night was fun, want to do it again," Draco smirked.

"Oh god yes," Hermione whispered.

He pulled her against him and she threw her arms around him, kissing him back with every fevered breath. "You are so beautiful," he whispered. "When I saw you last night, I think my heart stopped beating."

"And is it now?" she whispered.

He took her hand and laid it over his heart. She could feel it pounding beneath her skin, almost hear it reverberating through her own body. She looked up, and so did he, almost as if they'd planned it. He caught her eyes with a questioning gaze, and she nodded, knowing exactly what he was asking. He slowly pushed inside, his movements growing more frenzied. Then he buried his face in the crook of her neck, muffling his horse cry against her skin as he plunged forward one last time within her.

"I'm home," he said against her skin, and she realized it was the truth.

"I'm home, too."

~

After Draco and Hermione got dressed, they heard a knock at the door. It was Pansy and Ron.

"Uhhh what do you guys want?" Hermione asked, wondering why Pansy and Ron would be together.

"We've uhhhh come to tell you that you are making a big mistake." Ron stuttered out.

"Oh, and why is that?" Draco demanded.

"We don't think you two should be together, it's like you've forgotten the past seven years hating each other," Pansy explained.

"And does everyone share this point of view with you?" Hermione asked.

"Well- uhh- the only ones who know are the ones who were in the hospital wing. Neville and Luna don't care but Harry and Blaise agree with us," Ron said looking at the floor.

"Really, is it really that bad?" Hermione asked, getting worried. "Maybe we aren't such a good idea Draco, I mean I don't know if we can be together if we will be hated by everyone. My best friends are both telling me not to. You're friends don't want us together. Maybe this was a mistake," Hermione said, starting to hyperventilate.

Draco didn't think. He didn't need to think. "The hell it is," he roared.

Hermione froze for a moment, clearly not expecting this sort of reaction. He grabbed her by the arm and yanked her aside.

"Draco?" she whispered. She sounded uneasy.

He touched her cheek and looked into her eyes. He saw his whole world there.

"I love you," he said.

Someone gasped, it might have been Pansy.

"I cannot live without you," he said, "and in fact, I refuse to do so. So no, you cannot go on with your life pretending like we never happened. Our friends weren't with us in the year 1645, they don't know what we went through until they experience it themselves. If something happened to you..." His voice broke, but he did care. "If anything happened to you and I wasn't there, it would kill me. And I'd like to think I love you too much to let that happen."

Hermione stared at him in wonder, her softly parted lips trembling as she blinked back tears. "You love me?" she whispered.

He nearly rolled his eyes. "Of course I do."

"You've never said."

"I must have done."

"You didn't. I would have remembered."

"I would remember, too," he said softly, "if you ever said it to me.

"I love you so much," she said immediately. "I do. I love you so much I-" Hermione paused and looked at the doorway. "What happened to Ron and Pansy?"

"I believe they excused themselves when we were confessing our love to each other. Probably to spread the word about us," Draco laughed.

They went down to breakfast at the Great Hall and convinced Blaise and Pansy to join the group at the Gryffindor table. "So, are you two actually a thing? Harry told me but I didn't really believe him. " Ginny asked casually.

"It seems we are," Hermione said smiling at Draco. "Umm, why is everyone staring at us?"

"Well probably because one, you two are acting lovey-dovey, two, we have three Slytherins sitting at the Gryffindor table, and that has never happened," Harry explained.

"Well, then this may solve the tensions that the school has," Draco joked.

~

On the last day of school, Hermione woke up in Draco's arms. He was looking very nervous. "Are you okay?" she asked.

"What?" he said, looking at Hermione surprised. "I just have uhh something to say."

"What is it?" Hermione asked, concerned at how nervous Draco was.

Draco got off the bed and kneeled down on the floor next to Hermione. "Uhmm, okay I got this. I know this is sudden but it just feels so right. Hermione Jean Granger, will you do the honor of becoming my wife?" Draco asked, pulling out a small box. Inside the box was a gold ring with small diamonds on the sides and a plain golden rose in the middle. It was a simple and elegant ring, the perfect choice for Hermione.

"Draco," Hermione gasped. "How did you know my middle name?" 

"What? Oh... I asked Ron. I figured he would know," Draco said, still on the floor.

"You asked Ron? Oh my Merlin I think I love you more now."

"Wait why?"

"Because you put your pride aside to ask someone you don't like. For me."

"Well yeah, I love you. Now, what is your answer?" Draco said, pouting.

"Yes I will marry you," she said, laughing. Draco put the ring on her finger and, standing up, he pulled Hermione out of the bed into a kiss. "I love you," Hermione said, pulling away.

"I love you too," Draco replied, pulling Hermione back into a kiss.