𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Shinso stood up, his hands gently rubbing the rest of his body down, the cream now equally spread across the whole of his skin. He turned, sticking out his hand for the girl to take. He wouldn't leave her behind, that, he was sure about.

When they had first met, all he could wonder about was why everyone spoke so much about her all of a sudden, why she would be mentioned so often in their conversations, why she was suddenly the centre of everything. Now he felt like he had to do the same, something in him made him refuse to leave her behind, wanting to drag her along with the rest of them. Shinso could see a part of his past self in her, the part that had distanced him from other kids because he felt different. He hated that side of him now, realising that there will always be someone willing to bring you in to their life as long as you let them. And he wasn't going to leave her in the middle of that dreaded feeling. Something in him told him to be her light, he who could understand what she felt, he who could drag her out of that uneasiness.

"Come on" he said, his small smile fading, but his face remained relaxed.

Y/n looked up at the eyes gazing down at her, her attention on his unique purple irises. She still wondered how it was possible for Shinso to have been so lucky to be born with matching hair and eyes. His gaze shifted to the ground, his hand still extended, at the idea that she was judging his face, insecurity getting the better of him.

Y/n took his hand and let him pull her up. The two of them silently made their way over to the sea, the crystal-like water caressing their feet. Y/n crouched down, her hand hovering over the surface for a second before plunging in. Shinso eyed her for a moment before going ahead of her. He walked until the water reached his waist, the cold of it making him stiffen a little. He watched as Kirishima and Kaminari desperately tried to climb on the floating iceberg that Todoroki had made in the distance, his back laying on the cold surface underneath him as he tanned. Shinso finally heard the slushing of water behind him, making him turn around. His eyes quickly travelled over the girl's body, almost unnoticeably, as she slowly moved further in to the water, her arms wrapped around her in a terrible attempt at keeping herself warm from the cold feeling on her legs.

Once again he stretched his arms forward, his hands moving towards the girl so he could pull her further in without her worrying too much.

Bakugo was about to pounce on the two, watching from a distance their interaction, but Mina grabbed on to his arm, Midoriya holding the other one so the blonde wouldn't interrupt the moment. No one had expected Shinso and Y/n to be this close, unsure as to when all of this had happened. They seemed oddly comfortable in each other's presence even thought they had met not too long ago. However, whatever the circumstances were, they weren't going to let overprotective Bakugo ruin the moment.

"Hey, weren't you the one complaining about her not having friends?" Mina whispered over at Bakugo as he struggled against their grip. Midoriya chuckled out how irrational Bakugo could become when Y/n was involved.

"Yeah friends, not fuck buddies!" Bakugo hissed back. Mina snorted at the remark, Midoriya quickly slapping a hand over the blonde's snarl, worried that Shinso and Y/n would hear.

"They're barely touching Bakubro" Kirishima said, popping up in front of the raging teenager, resting both of his hands on the other's shoulders. This seemed to calm him down a bit, finally not bothering to resist his human restraints anymore. He let out a light 'tch' under his breath as Midoriya gave Kirishima a pleading look. The latter nodded his head and guided Bakugo away, distracting him from what was happening by encouraging him to go and smash up Todoroki's iceberg together. The blonde was suddenly very interested in the suggestion and dove underwater, headed straight towards the makeshift ice island.