Chapter 1

"Hey y/n, hey Hyejin! There is a party tonight at my place. It would be great if you could both come." Seonghwa handed us both a piece of paper with the address on.

"I'm not sure if I am able to yet but if I can, would I be able to bring a plus one?" I knew my boyfriend would never let me go to a party without him. I don't understand why though because I would be with Hyejin and the two of us would be safe together.

"Of course, anyone is welcome. Hopefully I will see you both there. See you later!" Seonghwa waved and walked towards the cafeteria with his best friends Hongjoong and Jongho.

"Are you going to ask Byeongho to come?" Hyejin asked.

"I think so. He wouldn't allow me to go without him."

"Why don't we keep it a secret from him? He won't find out and you need to stop letting him control you. That isn't how a relationship works y/n." Hyejin sighed. She was right. I shouldn't let him control me.

I haven't mentioned this to anyone before but I don't know if I want to be in a relationship with Byeongho anymore. I have tried to end the relationship recently but he made me change my mind by making me feel guilty. He told me how much he loved me and how he couldn't live without me. He also mentioned how he has been so patient with waiting for me to be ready to make love to him and that it wouldn't be fair to have made him wait for so long for nothing to come of it. To be honest, I don't think I will ever be able to make love to Byeongho because I don't love him. I have tried and tried to love him but I can't see him that way. I did like him at first but I feel like he is too overprotective. I am not allowed to do much without him knowing what I am doing or where I am going. I don't know how to break up with him without having him make me feel bad. The other part of me wants to stay with him though because he can be so caring and fun to be around.

"I guess one secret party wouldn't hurt. He doesn't know anyone from college anyway so hopefully he will never find out." I hoped that he wouldn't find out anyway.

"Sometimes you have to do things without your boyfriend y/n. Byeongho needs to learn to trust you. It isn't like you have planned to do anything together tonight because he is busy so you should let loose and enjoy this. You don't need to tell him every little thing you do. It isn't like you are married." Hyejin is always good at persuading people to do things that they probably shouldn't be doing. It was one of her talents. I decided to listen to Hyejin and go to the party.

We spoke a bit more about the party and what Hyejin was wearing tonight. I didn't know what I wanted to wear yet so I would have to search for an outfit when I get home.

I looked at the time and it was 12:55pm meaning that we have to start heading to our chemistry class. Honestly, I hated chemistry but my parents want me to become a surgeon so I can have a good job and not have to depend on them for money. This isn't what I wanted though. My dream was something that they would never want me doing. They said it is a dumb childish dream that will never happen so I gave up and just did things that would make them happy. I still dance in my free time but they don't know that. If they knew that, they would disown me or make me move to another country to study abroad.