꒰🥀꒱ chapter twenty-six ♡꙼̈ ࿐ ࿔

( for help :italics - pastnormal text - present )

( for help :
italics - past
normal text - present )

Hey Thoonie!

Hmm? What was that baby?

Th-that ith yeo n-nick-name! Thoonie! ❞ Chan said with a soft giggle.

Soonyoung gave the younger one a soft smile and kissed his head gently. Upon feeling the elder’s soft lips on his forehead, Chan scrunched his nose and closed his eyes at the feeling as a soft smile crept up his lips as well.

I really don’t have the heart to leave but I need to go now prince, see you tomorrow again. ❞ Soonyoung said with a slight pout making his lower lip jut out as he ruffled Chan’s hair from affection and walked out of the class saying one last bye to the younger.

B-Bye Thoonie~ ❞ the younger said as he sat in there hugging Mr Melon with small smile that was on his lips and the rosy pink blush that dusted his cheeks.

Chan raised his sweater paws to his eyes and rubbed them harshly to stop them from tearing up every second. But all of that went to vain because those stupid tears just kept falling out of his eyes and constantly streamed down his cheeks.

At this point, it was making Chan angry at himself as he started to run his eyes even harder to just stop himself from crying. He hated this. He had never cried so much before, other than the time when he wanted to but his favourite snack but Jisoo wouldn’t let him get it because he had fallen ill just a few days ago.

With no avail to stop his crying, Chan was just left there defeated as he was taken over by the sadness that was bubbling up his chest and came out in the form of those regretful tears for all those times he thought that Soonyoung meant all of those words that he said.

The final bell rang loudly throughout the entirety of the school building, indicating that it was the end of the day. Soonyoung exited his class but rather than the usual smile on his face, he had a worried frown wrinkling his cheerful features.

Something felt off to him but he couldn’t pinpoint out as to what it could be. He was just having this strange bad feeling in his gut but he just hoped it was just his anxious self overthinking and that nothing bad could have possibly happened.

As he was walking down the hall to meet up with Ahn, he bumped into a man with soft and kind looking features but they were now clouded with lines of extreme fear and worry.

Upon staring at the man for some time and thinking as to why the elder looked so familiar, Soonyoung realized that it was Hong Jisoo, aka Chan’s elder brother. Seeing Jisoo look so terrified and frantic, Soonyoung could guess that something was terribly wrong for him to have come inside the school.

He-he’s not here with you?! ❞ Jisoo asked, his voice wavering from fear and worry and his eyes looked like they would well up any second.

Even though Soonyoung could guess whom Jisoo was talking about, he just hoped that what he was fearing was not actually true. So in a soft hesitant voice Soonyoung asked, ❝ Wh-Who? ❞

❝ Chan! ❞ Jisoo choked out a sob as the tears welling up in his eyes threatened to fall out. Chan was Jisoo’s only family and this whole situation was like a dreadful nightmare to the elder because among all his biggest fears, losing Chan was something he knew he wouldn’t be able to live with. With a frustrated and shaky sigh Jisoo ran his fingers through his already messy hair and continued

He-he said to Seokmin that he’ll be going to the washroom b-but he never came back? He- never came back! Where did my Channie go? He didn’t even take Mr Melon with h-him and Chan never leaves behind Mr Melon! That is why Seokmin got so scared and called me over. He told me you are the boy who meets him everyday and that Chan is very close to you. Y-you must have seen him right? P-please say yes Soonyoung- p-p-please... ❞ And that was it for Jisoo. He fell on his knees while covering his face and broke down into a heart wrenching sob

It took Soonyoung a hot minute to finally process in every detail and when he did, he felt as if his heart twisted and a pang went up his whole body. Seeing Chan’s brother break down like that in front of him wasn’t helping either because he would feel a strong lump form in his throat and as much as soonyoung wanted to go and hug the elder and say, “yes I have seen Chan”, Soonyoung couldn't bring himself to do do.

Because he had never even once gone to visit Chan that day...not even during the breaktime.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘♡ ༓ ♡∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

shree’s notes :
:’(((
I would be lying if I said that my eyes didn’t feel sweaty while writing this. I feel so sorry to make all of them hurt like this but...more angst is actually coming up T-T please bear with me I swear the pain is gonna end soon and so is this book.