part v | lightening strokes

NEW PLACES AND NEW PEOPLE always made Aira feel loner and loner. Getting distant from people she had always has been with was more difficult than she has imagined. Contradictory, but she was friendly and lonesome for she has made friends, yet, less of friends.

Like she has always had people she could talk to but she felt, she knew, all she had was an envelope of loneliness.

This was what happened to her when she joined the institute. The first few days were nervous and the later, reckless. Things were too new for her and all sorts of worries pained her mind.

Aira was a talented girl, too good in studies for her own sake, until she knew she was not. She did not go ware though. A little but that was fine, Aira used to think. When for the first time, she faced something she found too hard to get through her mind.
She knew she only needed time and some help. A little, very little.

Sadly, she did not get that help for the girls were too coy and the boys, she had not dared to ask. And, a not-intented-to-yet- insulting lecture from her professor was
too much, her mind was already messed up. That day, she had exited with a big lump in her throat.

That day, she had met Arit for the first time, and not just see him enter and exit the classes most days.

It was something undefined, uncertain and Aira did not even focus much. But among all the hundred and fourty-two faces that entered, it was only his she had waited to look at and traced the steps of.

As soon as she has descended down the stairs; smiling warily at one of her friend who was more or so engaged with some other students walking down, sinking in in her, all the turmoil that pained the look on her face, flushed cheeks and cold winds ruffling her brown hairs; he had forwarded her a copy.

She had looked up to find a face so fine, features handsome and eyes, shining through sunlight, instilling a tornado in mixing the dark colours light. Up close, he was no less than a pastiche.

And an admirer, she was.

"Ashi asked me to give you the copy, geography it is?" He smiled at her and she swallowed, her eyes contemplating him closely.

She sighed mentally.

"Thankyou", she accepted the generosity of a fellow classmate, "but I don't know, Ashi, who?" But did not accept any kind of flirt from any kind of boys. However gorgeous!

"My bad", he laughed softly and a laugh like that she has never seen, "I meant Ashishika, Ashishika Kashyap." He was proud, there was an underlying happiness as he had pronounced those words which named a darling human. One, he was sure belonged to him.

Until he knew she did not.

"Ahh." Things made way in her mind, so she is not a bitch.

"Hm?" Arit had asked, unsure if he heard something or not. He felt, he did.

"Nothing." Aira reflected, with a light smile, masked sadness enhancing her beauty, sunrays kissing her skin gorgeous. "Say thank you to her."

Before he had left, left with a lingering longing inside her for himself; he had hummed, nodding and smiling a broad smile like he has no worries, like he feared no thunder, no rain.

Nature must have not liked his audacity with which he was so fearless, confident and perseverant. For it showered him with a gut-wrenching heart break that he had cried in the rain, on his fate that night.

That evening, it had rained.

That evening when he had ran like his life depended on it, his feets dragging him from the coaching institute to the road, on a rickshaw to outside her hostel. All this while, his heart has thumped inside him crazily and he had forgotten every thing, the words played in his mind continuously.

Ashishika is engaged. What bullshit! Although, those were what he had replied to the girls in talk, his mind was presenting all kind of worst things which could have happened.

He, painfully, remembers when Ashishika has once asked him, "Do you ever think of marrying me?" While Arit had nodded with a certainty one could hardly express in words, redness colouring his cheeks and ears, Ashishika had smiled a contending smile hugging him. It was the tightest grip she ever had around him, such that she did not ever wish to be parted.

Nor did he.

Ashishika and Arit were two souls, having their own worries of a saddening life through which they had always laughed, who found refuge in each other. While they befriended one another, their hearts dreamt and loved the other one with a purity sea water lacked and to an extent it can never pour down into rain.

The winds swayed, drops breaking and pouring down in an enunciation, it's sound lamenting a breaking heart and as a tear slipped down Arit's eyes at the sight of her, the sky broke into crying a painful song.

The ring occuping her ring finger was proof, he has lost her heart. Or rather, his.

thankyou for reading

Do you think Ashishika betrayed him? Leave your theories.

tanya x