A Trip In Ranboo's Mind

A/N
This chapter can help understand Ranboo's encounter with his parents in 【Guilt 】

Tw : blood and gore, slight child abuse

I never thought Father and Mother hated me. It's true, they don't. However, they don't love me either. They love the old me, and hate what i've turned into.

Before, when i was a kid, i used to be like all others demons : blood-thirsty, always wanting to see pain in another's eyes.

And that's how we lived in demon kingdom, the strong killing the weak, purely for entertainment.

I remained a so-called "good" prince, until i turned 14. The age i was allowed to kill Father to become King.

At this time, my parents were still loving and caring towards me. So, i absolutely did not want to kill my father. And i didn't.

Usually, princes attempt to murder the king within the first week they're allowed to.
I didn't do that. I instead stayed in my room to study everything i could think of, even human traditions.

Father didn't like that. After a month, he demanded that i tried to attack him.
I denied, knowing that'd be useless.

My father got angry, and grabbed my arms. He dug his claws in my skin, and let his hands follow the length of my forearms, giving me probably permanent scars.

I yelped in pain as purple blood started to run down my hands, dripping off my claws and puddling on the pure white marble floor.

Tears started to flow, burning my skin as they ran down my face. I held my arms close to my chest, as if that was going to protect me.

"See, son. That's what happens to disobediant children." Father said, looking at me with a blank stare. There was not a bit of remorse in his eyes, only anger and disappointment.

I just nodded, and flew to my room.
I tried my best to bandage my wounds, but my vision was altered by all the tears.

I tried to calm myself, i breathed in deeply. I looked down at my arms, and then, blackout.

I can't remember anything from that night.

When i woke up, my arms were bandaged properly. A maid was probably called to check on me, and saw me laying on the floor like that.

I kept not fighting Father, for the simple reason that i knew how life was important now. Before, i thought i wouldn't care if i got hurt, that i wouldn't care if i died.

But i knew now, and i refused to kill anyone.
That just gave me more scars.

So i put on a mask. A fake me, a me that my parents would love. And that worked.
After a few unsucessful attempts at murdering my father, they let me live alone, and after a while, they even let me go on my first hunt. Alone.

I thought everything was going to be ok, that i'd just observe to see what fighting techniques humans had, but no.

You. Yes, you. You had to get hurt. You had to get so hurt i had to save you. You had to be so hurt that i would be forced to bring you with me.

You don't know what you did, do you.
Every moment spent with you feels like a gamble. Sometimes you're happy, sometimes you're grumpy, sometimes you're mad at everything.

I didn't know humans did that before i  met you. I didn't know humans were such complex beings. I'm glad i learnt that from you.

And now, you're here, sad, crying, afraid. I don't know what to do. I never saw a human cry from anything else than pain. Were you in pain ? I wonder.

I don't know if what i did was right. I don't know if hugging you was the right thing to do, but i did it anyway.

When you hugged me back, it made me feel loved by someone, but actual love. Not parental love, not admiration. No, just pure, genuine love.

It felt warm, welcoming. It felt good.

~×~
A/N

word count : 657 (w/out tw and a/n)

Hey hey hey ! So, this is to kinda show Ranboo's backstory !

I hope you liked this chapter!

Tysm for reading, love u 💖

-Ange