THREATS...

Sheila got into her room and sighed. Lily was playing in the playground outside. The room was cold, as if no one had been inside all day. She moved towards her bed but paused when she was almost across the room. Dropping her things, she sent a torrent of energy at a corner of the room. The man blocked it easily, along with all the other short powerful blasts she threw. He threw her to the wall with his mind and pinned her there completely. "Pathetic," he growled.

"Are all you shadow people obsessed with girls?" she asked boldly, regretting it later when her air supply was suddenly cut short. He approached menacingly, "You think I'm anything like Luther? On the contrary, I am above Human Beings. Above that low grade shadow-wraith. I won't take the form of your worst fears, I'll tap into them, give them life while getting stronger as you cower in fear." She fell, gasping for air. "it was You! The baby in the library... you did that."

He smiled and walked away, "The young lady is messing with things she is yet to understand. She should be more careful about that curiosity of hers–" "What do you mean yet?" she had learnt not to assume anything she heard, especially from spirits and ghosts. He smiled at her malevolently, impressed by her cunning nature to decipher things. "Careful Sheila," he said, "I'm just in the nick of finding where the Omar Cult is. Keep playing around, but once I get my hands on the amulet, you will never get it in future, meaning you won't exist in this time."

"How did you–" but of course he knew she was from the future. She composed herself and stood, "Why are you telling me this?" he smiled more and walked to the dark corner of the room, "To let you know, to make you realize, that no matter what you do, no matter what you know or who you're with, there's no way you can stop me."