THE NIGHTMARE

Nessa was in the library, the hidden one. Sheila was also there, but she had fallen asleep. Teresa stayed in the orphanage; she had caught a cold from nowhere. The book containing information about the Luminus was right in front of Sheila, a bowl of home-made cookies and two glasses of juice there as well. Good thing there were torches in the past, ones Nessa lit, otherwise they would have had to be satisfied with a single lamp.

"So what exactly is the Omar Cult?" No one answered her of course, but she didn't stop there, "If this amulet is so special, how come a ten year old gets to have it?" she glanced over at Sheila who slept peacefully on the table, the chain around her neck, the amulet on the table. "If this amulet chose Sheila, what about the one from this time? Where is it?" at once, she went around looking for a reference point. She perused through the sections and came across exactly what she was looking for. A big black book bound together by strings: The Cult of Omar.

It was full of information, full of spells and enchantments, symbols and signs, names of people and places and most importantly, the location of the Luminus. "Right here? Damn it..." That was disappointing, but there was more. She realized, when she was reading about something called a Necrodier, that whoever was writing stopped mid-sentence; mid-word... the bottom right of the page looked scorched and most shockingly, there were small almost undetectable crystals of glass on the next page.

"Okay... what the heck happened here?" a question she knew she was probably never going to have an answer for. She sat there thinking for a while. There had to be a way of she could find out about the lost Luminus. She looked around, sighing, "Why on earth are you suddenly attracted to this amulet Nessa?" only the soft breaths coming from Sheila answered her.

She resolved to packing up and leaving when she noticed one of the exhibits was out of line with the others. It was also on a higher pillar, yet no glass casing enclosed it. she'd seen the insignia on it. It was the same one she'd seen in the book about the Omar Cult, the one on the section introducing spells and enchantments.

Almost too excited, she took the book from the pillar. Several pages were detailed with facts about spells, charms, enchantments, curses... it was technically the big book of magic. She perused through the pages quickly, wishing... hoping... that she could find anything that would help her find out about the missing amulet. "The Revelation. This just might work."

She placed the book in front of herself. Sat on the floor, she took the crystals of broken glass and placed them in front of the book. Her hand was outstretched over it. She took a deep breath and spoke the incantation written, "Revelio." Her eyes were closed at the time. Sensing nothing happened, she opened one eye slightly. Indeed, the glass crystals stared back at her almost mockingly.

She took a deep breath, this time concentrating on the incantation.

"Revelio!"

A sudden, pregnant silence gripped the air, the her palm glowed yellow, along with her eyes. She gasped but did not stop what she was doing. A few runes on the book glowed the bright yellow as well; the glass crystals dispersed and formed clouds of dust all around her.

On the table where Sheila slept, there appeared the hazy cloud figure of a man. He was writing on the same book that had glass. Just when things seemed boring, a dark cloudy figure of another man stormed fiercely into the library. He attacked the librarian, ensuing a massive fight. The librarian held his own with magic, but the dark one was so much more powerful. He spewed a torrent of fire from his mouth at the librarian, burning him badly on the chest.

The librarian smashed into the casing containing a cloud impression of the Luminus, several shards of glass falling everywhere. After making a desperate grab for the amulet, he shined its light on the dark one, blinding him momentarily, then the librarian blasted the Luminus out of the building.