30

As they collided, Sana was first to blast "Dekh ke nahi chal sakte ky...", her words died, as her eyes settled on the face of the person she bumped into. "Sidharth", the name just slipped off her tongue like that, the mind didn't wait for any signal. It was the most natural thing to happen. His handsome face with most radiant smile, anchored her attention on it. A year and more has elapsed, she has not seen him. Looking at him this close overwhelmed her with the weirdest of emotions, which she couldn't decipher. Her eyes seemed imploring while his caressed her. Her heart twirled seeing him so close, not even at inch distance. The emotions were errupting like the active volcano. How did she managed to stay from this man, her man for so long. Your man? Her conscience mocked at her. Was he really yours? It continued throwing the reality at her.

His every throbbing muscle, relaxed with a glimpse of her. But the way she looked, burnt his souls into ashes. Those soft, edible and chubby cheeks were gone, eyes were baggy and her pupils looked saggy with exhaustion. The curvaceous enticing figure, has lost its shine. Her imploring eyes made him feel hell. He has seen her in the hospital, but then she was asleep and seeing her today made him feel like a sinner. The way his name rolled out of her tongue, engulfed him in her tenderness. He was at calm to know that she hasn't forgotten him, that she still remembers him, that the name still sounds so comforting when she takes the way she always does. He was astonished to see the vulnerable eyes, and no rage and he was culpable for the tenderness she was giving. He deserves the wrath and not the warmth, he should be treated with her anger and not be pleaded in her vulnerability.

"Sana" he whispered inaudible even to himself.

"Sidharth" it still had the same warmth, which was burning him. He held her hands between his, and she didn't resisted.

"Kaisi ho"

"Akeli" she sounded alone. He so wanted to submit himself to mother earth. Her words shattered his heart. He felt the pain, of being alone. He had Maa, but still nights were alone. The day was occupied by work but he was alone. Maa was there but still he felt lonely. Then she had none, Ishika was there but still she felt alone like he did. He felt her pain as his own.

"Sana....." and before he could say further something changed, her vulnerable eyes turned cold and then one burning in rage. She jerked his hand away and ran from there, with the tears stricken face. She couldn't comprehend what these tears were for. For his words that burnt her or for her miseries that she was going to spill to him, only to be mocked. This is what he do. For what were the tears for, she couldn't fathom. She tripped on the pebbles, but she didn't stop.

What suddenly changed? Sidharth stood there dumbstruck at how his world spinned 360 in little time span. His comforting gaze truned to the one in pain. His calm face was again painted with furrows and crinkle of despodency. Not able to actually know what made her pull back, annoyed him. But wasn't he already aware. Wasn't he already anticipating such reaction and when it came why was there a question. That's how the human mind work. Knowing and being aware of one's own deeds which are at time obnoxious we still try to justify ourselves or just become innocent to understand any of those things. Just a convenient way to opt out of everything.

He saw her retreating figure, fixed in his place. Thinking all the way back about her reaction he was in a muddle.

Sana reached home, the complete opposite as she went. Tears and unfathomable emotion covered her features. She rushed to her room, dodging the firing question of Ishika. She wasn't in state to answer any.

As the door creaked Ishika who was scrolling through her phone looked in the direction, and before she could say or ask something Sana was locked in her room, and she was perturbed since then. Taking long strides Ishika knocked on the door.