Chapter 04: A Thirst For Blood

Hal furrowed her brows, as she studied the student under Lizard's dragon-like claws, pinning her to the wall. She was barely in puberty, as she wriggled for freedom. Her jet black hair was drenched in sweat, while her onyx eyes cried in pain.

"Please, let me go! I didn't do anything wrong." She squeaked.

"Your mere existence smote this upon you!" Reeg said. He puffed one of his crazy scented cigars at the poor girl, and a trail of yellow smoke circled around her neck.

"Nyeta naman, she's a kid! Pucha, can't we ask someone else?" For some unknown reason, Hal's chest writhe in a tightening grip. Her breaths jumped as she eyed the student. Was this kid just transferring her pain at her or were her powers going haywire again? She couldn't; there was no way that this kid had that sort of power. She seemed fit for the Rogue Skills Department but not Gamil's Psyche Department.

"Can't you tell a pixie when you see one? She isn't a child, Hal. Somewhat pitiful for their race to be succumbed to a physique of a twelve year old throughout adulthood. She's practically two years younger than we are!" Reeg explained.

"LET HER GO!" a female voice boomed.

Hal bit her lip, and drew a long breath. That voice was the same voice that haunted her dreams. Be brave, Hal. Don't let anything or anyone push you down. She said to herself.

In a blink of an eye, Lizard beat her to it. He disappeared and must have pounced at Neon Requyem. She was expecting her scream, but none came. A thud and a cracked bone made Hal look towards the dark elf and Lizard.

She regretted seeing those bloodshot eyes again; her lingering stare rested on Hal Cruz. The message played in her mind again, while another snap brought her back to reality. Neon remained stoic while Lizard gripped her disfigured arm. "Three o'clock on First Street."

Neon nodded and retrieved her arm. He let go at a precise moment that Neon fell painfully to the ground. Before they exited, Lizard and Byagi hurled the pixie towards Neon like a big sack of rice. Byagi left a parting gift for the poor student by smothering her pants with fire. Normally, she'd find all this thrilling but the dark elf killed the joy out of it. Hal needed information from her but the circumstances might have given her a slimmer chance for it. Neon Requyem continuously glared at her, as if she was reading her very soul. Are you one of us, a Luine?