CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

(Y/n's POV)

I was released from the hospital once we were sure that my broken ribs weren't going to get me into any trouble. My wrist was in a cast, sometimes I wrapped my stomach with a brace to keep my movement to a limit, and I had to wear a boot because of my broken ankle. But I didn't have to use crutches anymore, and they said I was free to go. I had a few cuts and bruises. Some might leave a scar. But that was alright.

It took a lot of persuasion and time to convince my parents to let me stay in Japan, but they eventually agreed after they talked on the phone with Sugawara. I think his mom vibes can even go through phones, which is pretty impressive. I also didn't tell them the entire story, which I knew was going to come back and bite me later. I would deal with it when it did though.

I didn't have to go back to the old house I had lived in; the police had taken my stuff from there and just had to give it back to me. So when I went to Suga's house all of my stuff was there. I would be sleeping on the couch until my room was set up - Suga had offered me his bed but I kindly refused - and that was perfectly fine with me. It was better than my old situation.

I was allowed to go back to volleyball practice after being released from the hospital after a week, after I promised to go easy and to let everybody know if I was too tired or in too much pain. I felt bad because they tried to baby me, especially Tanaka, but I tried not to let them. Sometimes I had to though, because I was in so much pain. But after a couple of weeks the pain started to die down, and I was actually able to throw some volleyballs for them sometimes.

Tsukishima and I had gotten even closer than ever. We hung out all the time now. We didn't feel the need to be talking all the time, so often it was just in companionable silence. He had given me his hoodie back the day I got released from the hospital and I wore it daily. But when it lost his scent I gave it back to him to wear for a while and then stole it back. I stayed the night at his place sometimes. Mostly it was on accident. We would be watching a movie on the couch and would fall asleep, waking up again in the morning. Tsuki's family was always around now so if we fell asleep on the couch we would just stay there. And whenever I woke up in the morning and checked my phone I could see that Tsuki had texted Sugawara on it and told him not to worry. It was really sweet.

And the only thing that could've made my life any better, happened. 

time skippp (I think?)

Tsukishima and I were hanging out at the park together. Practice had run late so we had to wait for the next bus to come. We were waiting at the park. We were sitting on a bench, with Tsuki's legs up on the bench and leaning against one side, with me on his lap enveloped in his arms. It was starting to get cold so our breath was fogging out in front of us.

We were listening to a new song that I had found, and I was hoping it might give Tsuki ideas. It was a song about someone's first kiss. I wanted to kiss him, but I could tell that he wasn't always comfortable with stuff like that, so I hadn't. I mean the kid had just gotten used to holding hands in public. And we weren't officially dating either...

The song ended. I felt him smile into my hair. "Y/n, what an interesting song choice." I blushed.

"Mm, one could say that. What did you think of the lyrics?" I asked. He laughed softly, one of his hands playing with my hair.

"Hmm, so many options I could go with. How about... enticing? Intriguing? Suggestive?" I snorted. He had never said suggestive before. It sounded ridiculouse. "Ah, shoosh you." He tickled me behind my ear, my most ticklish spot.

"Hey!" I squealed, untangling my legs from his and jumping up from the bench. He was still on the bench, smirking up at me. "That's dirty play." I pouted.

He smirked. He stood up, standing awfully close to me. He laced his hands around my waist, and so I went up on my tiptoes and put my arms around his neck. "One might say you're trying to imply something y/n."

I stifled a smile, looking down at our feet. "Maybe I am."

He leaned in close. "Well if you're trying to imply something, maybe you should just do it instead."

I wanted to squeal! He was giving me permission to kiss him! I was super nervous and my stomach was filled with so many butterflies I thought I might throw up, but I was too excited. I looked up and leaned in closer, tilting my head up. His was tilted down. "Alright then," I whispered, gently touching my lips to his.

He seemed to claim me, like he had been waiting forever for this. His lips hungrily moved across mine, and I responded with just as much passion. I couldn't believe it. We were finally kissing.

My hands went up into his hair, and his moved up and down across my back. His hair was short, but I tugged on it just a little bit and he seemed to like that. His hands moved up to my face, and our kiss slowed down, turning more gentle. He gently cupped my face, tilting my head up just a bit so our kiss could deepen. Damn, he was a good kisser.

I grinned, which stopped our kiss. I couldn't help it.

He laughed quietly, breathing hard, putting his forehead against mine. "You know, you can't kiss and smile at the same time."

"Oh right, sorry," I said, trying to stop smiling, pursing my lips together. He leaned down to kiss me again, but we heard a catcall and jumped apart.

"Watch out Noya, it's getting spicy over here!" I looked over and saw Tanaka leaning against a wooden post, enjoying the show. Noya was standing next to him, and I was happy to see he was laughing.

I laughed too. "Oh shut up Tanaka!" I grabbed my backpack from off of the floor, and Tsuki followed suit. He was smiling and blushing, looking down at me happily. We held hands, and I felt those ever-present butterflies. I loved them.

We ran over to Tanaka, and I shouted playfully, "Get over here so I can kick your ass!" He laughed evilly and ran off. I grinned up at Tsuki. I think I might love this kid.

"Tsuki, will you be my boyfriend?" I asked, unable to keep it in any longer. I was quiet enough that Tanaka and Noya couldn't hear us.

He raised a brow. "Aren't I supposed to be the one to ask you to be my girlfriend?"

"You were taking too long," I said, laughing. 

He pecked me on the lips. "Of course. I want nothing else than to be your boyfriend."

"Disgusting!" Tanaka yelled.

Tsuki rolled his eyes. "Let's go get him." I smiled. We ran off, holding hands and laughing.