3 - inha

the alarm's sound filled the room, but she was already awake. she grabbed her phone and dismissed the alarm.

she didn't have any motivation to get out of bed, especially not that day. but work was calling.

after grabbing a bagel and a coffee on her way to the school, she couldn't stop thinking about how her life was so different, months ago. 

life changes in a heartbeat. sometimes we don't realize how truthful this is, but it is how it is. 

the long vacation was now over and classes were going to start again. she knew it wasn't going to be easy, the new school year and the future years of her life, but when life gives you lemons you make lemonade. 

she parked her car and sighed, checking herself in the mirror she realized that maybe applying a little of makeup would make her look more decent but truth be told, she had lost interest in wearing makeup or nice clothes.

her long straight hair was barely hanging there in a messy bun, she fixed her glasses and decided to only apply chapstick cherry flavored, that at least, will provide her with some color to her lips. she grabbed her stuff and made her way inside the school. 

some fellow teachers greeted her with smiles on their faces but truth be told being back at the school was overwhelming. 

especially since it hadn't been so long since her life changed and she knew the school had been extremely nice about it. they gave her time to rest and charge batteries back home, but life was not going to be the same.

"miss lee!" she turned to find a smiley woman waving her way. it was the cafeteria lady who always saved her the honey buns on tuesdays. she waved back and made her way to the teacher's area inside the building. 

there were plenty professors there already drinking coffee or having breakfast. most of them talking about the amazing vacations they had but once she walked inside to grab a cup of tea, there was a deafening silence. 

she tried not to roll her eyes, most of them were nice but there was always going to be gossip in these kind of environments.

"i think tomorrow it's six months since you know what happened..."

"poor thing... she must be so depressed...."

"i mean it's obvious, look how messy she looks today and it's just the first day."

"oh my god don't say that, it's rude, it's perfectly understandable why she looks like that, it must be hard..."

she sighed as she filled the cup with tea, quickly leaving the place, she didn't want to experience first hand being the source of the gossips that day. 

it was better to be at her office, that way she could be away from the peer eyes and feisty tongues. 

and once she entered her office she realized she actually had tons of work to do. there were plenty students she had to see that week so she started organizing their schedules and files.

the morning went by really fast and before she knew it was lunch time. it was true that thing they said about time flies when you love what you do. she loved her students and helping them, somehow it filled her with accomplishment. 

the cafeteria was slightly crowded, the students were eating eagerly as they talked with their friends, most of them just sharing their vacation experiences, some of them would wave at her. she was popular between the students because she used to be very happy and sweet.