6 - red carnations

changkyun walked ahead with two folders under his arm, fixing his glasses as he scolded some kids who were running in the hallways. "yah!" he exclaimed with his hand on his waist.

"chankyun..." she called his name with a sweet voice. he turned to look at her with widened eyes. 

"these kids... they don't pay attention... yah! chani! don't run!... - he shook his head in disapproval - hey... what's up?"

she glanced at chani, who was now sticking his head into a trash bin. "uh... i just wanted to talk to you... about something."

he nodded, paying attention to her. "sure, what is it?"

she didn't know exactly how to start. changkyun was a man of science. there was no way, ever, that he would believe in spiritual stuff. 

his brown soft eyes grew impatient as he waited for her to talk. "you ok?" he suddenly asked once kihyun walked past by them. he glanced at the pair but kept walking towards his classroom.

inha shook her head and looked back at changkyun. "do you... know kihyun? - changkyun's eyes narrowed as he showed a face of "what are you talking about?", inha laughed nervously - i mean... yoo kihyun... you know? the... student who had that accident?"

changkyun's frown softened as he relaxed his shoulders. "ah... that kid... well he's not in my class, but sure, i know him."

inha nodded. "well... have you ever... noticed something weird about him?"

now changkyun frowned again. "like what?"

"like... i don't know... stuff he says? he seems like... way older."

changkyun tried not to laugh. "he's like 10? and looks like a 10 year old so i don't understand where you're going with this..."

"i know - she said nodding, realizing how absurd she was going to sound now - i know... but listen, this might sound crazy but... i've noticed certain things..." 

changkyun narrowed his eyes. trying to follow her. "i am not following." he finally admitted.

she closed her eyes as she sighed, trying to come up with a good way of organizing her thoughts and words. "similarities... between him and..." she moved her head, opening her eyes as if it was obvious.

"what?" he asked confused.

"our kihyun." she finally admitted it. 

now there was a long minute of silence. changkyun's puzzled expresion as he tried to understand what his ears just heard. "what?" he asked again, clearly confused.

"i know. it sounds crazy but hear me out-

"inha...- he started but soon she took a step towards her. 

"he knows stuff that... - she shook her head - i don't know... he also looks like him, don't you think?" she started to go desperate. changkyun grabbed her by the shoulders and tried to calm her.

"inha... this isn't sane okay?... please, put those thoughts away... we have class in 5 minutes." he said freeing her. 

she blinked twice as she recognized they were in one of the main hallways of the school. she swallowed hard as she took a step backwards and nodded.

 "you're right. i am sorry... i should get going." she said ashamed, as she walked away from him, not before hearing one last "see you later" from changkyun who ended up walking in the contrary direction.