4 - white daisy

"you don't understand. it's me, kihyun... your husband." 

the words echoed inside the office, inha leaned backwards until her back hit the chair. she stared down at the kid, who stared back with eager almost glassy eyes. 

"what?" she thought she didn't hear well at first. but somehow, the kid seemed determined.

he swallowed hard. "you don't remember me?" he said softly, holding onto the arm rests. 

she tried to control her breathing and to stay into character since, after all, she was the school's counselor.

"i don't understand what you mean... we just met."

"no... this is all wrong." he murmured the last words to himself, he looked down at his hands and sighed, as if he was tired.

"i think you're joking... and this is not funny kihyun."

somehow he grew desperate, he stood from the chair and looked at her, hands closed in fists, cheeks almost burning red with rage. 

"why you don't believe me, i am not lying!" he exclaimed.

"because you're just a kid who's been through a lot and i get it... you're confused but we can talk about, joking about being my husband isn't going to take you anywhere kihyun-

"how do you know!?"

"because he's dead!" she found herself exclaiming, her voice echoed inside the four walls and kihyun's eyes grew bigger since he wasn't expecting her to snap like that.

but truth be told, she wasn't buying any of his attitude. she knew he was joking. he probably heard on the hallway that tomorrow was her deceased husband's anniversary and decided to joke with this, which, wasn't a thing to joke about.

he blinked twice, clearly offended and took a step back, sitting back on the chair.

kihyun was confused over her behavior. "and we're not here to talk about my husband or me... we're here to talk about what you did in class today." she added, composing herself, sitting straight and looking at him straight in the eye. 

he swallowed hard. "i was stressed."

"and you think that's a good excuse for your behavior?"

he almost rolled his eyes and the way he did it, brought a sudden memory of when her late husband did it, whenever he was confronted just like this.

"fine... i am sorry." he finally said.

she stared at him for a second and wondered what laid behind those eyes. what was his way of thinking? 

usually a regular kid would never apologize or accept their mistakes so quickly, like he did. she's been a long way, enough to know he was probably way smarter than most kids.

she sat comfortably on her chair and sighed. inha looked down at the notes he had, taken from the principal and mrs. byun. he seemed like a nice kid, before the accident. he had good grades and never got in trouble. in fact, she couldn't remember him at all, since now she was sure, he's  never been in detention, which was usually taken care by her nor in her office for counselling. 

"alright... it's not usual from you to yell at teachers... you have an impeccable record. i understand that you've been through some stuff... recently... but that doesn't give you right to be disrespectful to your professors or olders... so i know you're a smart kid and you understand this, right?"