2 - the counselor

the bell rang and all the kids collected their stuff and rushed out of the classroom. the first class was over and now it was time for lunch. 

kihyun stayed on his seat, head on top of his table, resting between his arms when he heard voices approaching him. 

"yah! what are you doing? aint you gonna have luch?" 

"yeah, let's get some lunch, i am kinda hungry." 

he looked up and found two boys staring at him expectant. one tall and skinny, with dark long hair and big lips and eyes, staring at him unamused. the other with big eyes and glasses, blonde short hair and a pair of prominent dimples. 

"are you a wacko?" the blonde asked. kihyun frowned. 

of course he didn't know who these kids were. "excuse me?"

"jooheon-ah remember he lost his memory or something like that." the taller murmured to the other. the blonde just rolled his eyes. 

"did you really forget about everyone? man... i envy you so much. anyway... i am lee jooheon and this is chae hyungwon, we three are friends since kindergarten, don't remember that either?"

kihyun just shook his head.

"geez... that blow really affected you- jooheon started but soon was stopped by hyungwon hitting him. 

kihyun stared at them in confussion not knowing if he should trust these guys or not. but truth be told he was starting to feel a bit hungry and they were the only ones that approached him so...

"fine." he said standing from his table and walking towards the door. the pair looked at each other behind and shrugged and joined kihyun on the hallways.

"so... can i ask you something?" jooheon asked as they walked towards the dinning area.

"i guess."

"how did you hit your head-

"jooheon-ah!" hyungwon called him out. he wanted the blond to know he was being imprudent. kihyun glanced at both, wondering if they knew what happened to him over summer.

"don't worry, you don't need to tell us. we already know everything." hyungwon said with a reassuring look. 

definitely they knew, but only what kihyun's mom told them. they remembered the day they were called to the school, the same day kihyun's mom went to share what happened to him during their family vacation. 

they even got sat to talk with the school's counselor and she explained what happened to kihyun and suggested how they should talk with him once he returned from his resting time. 

"do not overwhelm him with unnecessary questions, he could get confused and then it would be worse." she said. 

both of them understood but naturally, as kids, they were curious about what happened and naturally they wanted to hear it from kihyun himself. 

but hyungwon was more considerate than jooheon. "fine, sorry." the blond said once they reached the dining room. 

the three kids walked towards the cafeteria and each one grabbed a tray. "you used to like gimbap for lunch." jooheon said placing a small plate with gimbap on kihyun's tray.