5 - chocolate chip cookies

that next morning she was determined to find out who had left that daisy on her car' wipers yesterday. it was crazy to think it had been meant to be a sick joke. 

nobody really knew that kihyun, her husband, used to gift her white daisies. and there was a special reason why he would do it. 

she knocked on the door and she heard a soft, male voice, from the other side of it. "come in." 

inha pushed the door opened, to reveal a pair of guys, half-sleep, munching fried squid and the other, green apples. 

"good morning, i am professor lee inha, i came here to see if it's possible to watch the tape from the security camera in the parking lot, around the professor's area." 

the two guys looked at each other, one blond and the other had hazel brown head. "mm sure, but is there any specific reason miss lee?" 

she glanced at their name tags. "uh- well, you see... hwiyoung-ssi and dawon-ssi... it's just... someone left a flower in my car and it didn't have a card on it so i'd like to see who it was." 

the two looked at each other and smiled cheekily. "sure professor lee... let me check for ya." the one with the black long hair and the hwiyoung name tag, said as he quickly typed something onto the keyboard. a few seconds later a video popped in one of the screens. 

"you said it was around...? 4 or 5 pm, right?" the blonde named dawon said. she just nodded as her eyes fixed on the scream. 

"ha! - the blonde started - it seems you have a small admirer professor lee." he said turning around in the chair and smiling sweetly. 

"ahh it's a kid! probably a student." hwiyoung said. she felt frozen in her spot, as kihyun's image appeared on th screen. it was easy to identify. he was the only kid who wore turtlenecks, vests and plaid jackets to school, the only who dressed like an adult. 

also, those puffy red cheeks and pointy nose, she could recognize miles away. 

inha felt a bit embarrassed at the guy's looks, so she tried to play it cool, after all they were probably the same age, they looked in their mid 20's. "ha... yeah, you know how kids are... sometimes they have crushes on their teachers, i'll just have to talk with him. thank you." she bowed slightly as she made her way out of the office. 

thinking of ways to talk to him, to address the situation took her probably most of her morning. she had to help a teacher who couldn't attend since he was feeling bad. so usually, if counselors were free or didn't have anything too important, they would act as substitute teachers. that morning it was second period, professor park's biology class. 

she assigned the usual homework sent by the professor and just waited until everyone delivered. she picked up everything and then the bell rang and most kids made their way to their lunch time. 

inha knew this was her opportunity to look for kihyun and talk to him. so she grabbed her lunch and made her way towards the cafeteria. she looked around, her eyes posing on different small heads that looked similar to his, but he was nowhere to be found. 

sometimes, some kids, would eat the park since there were also tables and resting areas. she stepped outside and the fresh air hit her face. some kids were running and playing around and she looked at the tables direction. 

immediately she recognice him, sitting all alone, eyes lost somewhere. "how weird." she thought. he was definitely different from other kids, she was aware of that.