21.

The next day, Meredith wanders the aisles at WalMart, picking up shampoo, conditioner, and some other odds and ends, before she ends up at the display of home pregnancy test kits. Yikes, who knew there were so many to pick from? She finally grabs one at random, tossing it in her basket. Trying to ignore the feeling of dread as she looks at the small package, she heads for the check out.

By the time Derek comes over that evening, she's a bundle of nerves. She has checked the calendar a dozen times, trying to remember her last period, trying to calculate if she was overdue, not even sure anymore. She's read the instructions over and over, practically memorizing them.

"Thank god you're here," she says, nearly pulling him up the stairs as soon as he is inside the house.

"No kiss hello?" he teases her, as he jogs behind her.

Meredith is on a mission, and she's into the bathroom without answering him. "Be right back!"

He sits on the bed, and tries to calm his racing heart. Despite his teasing, he is just as nervous as she is. In a minute, she is sitting in his lap, holding her watch in one hand, the test strip in her other. He wraps his arms around her. She bites her lip, timing it to the second. "Okay," she sighs, "it should be ready now."

Derek takes her hand, and squeezes it reassuringly. "Okay. And whatever it is, you know we'll be fine. I mean that."

"Okay."

"Do you want me to look at it?"

"No...no..." Her heart is jumping, and she finally takes a deep breath and peeks at the little indicator window. For a moment, she is quiet, and Derek stares at her, barely able to breathe, his heart pounding like mad.

"What is it? Mer, tell me..."

Then a big grin lights her face. "It's negative!"

"You're sure?"

"Seriously, I'm sure...." She lets him take it from her fingers, and he grins too. "So, no Daddy Derek yet! Must have just been stomach flu or something I ate..." she giggles, leaning in to kiss him, giving him a deep, satisfying kiss. "There's your hello kiss, honey," Meredith breathes, and shifts in Derek's lap so that she is facing him. "I missed you today." Her teeth nibble at his lip, her tongue darting between his lips.

"Missed you too," he murmurs, drawing her closer. "I think we need to celebrate."

"Mmm, any special way you want to do that?" Her lips trail across his cheek, and tickle his ear, sending a hot jolt of need through him. Why has he never considered his earlobe to be so erotically charged before? He tightens his grip around her waist, feeling the heat of her body through the thin cotton shorts she is wearing.

"I can think of a few ways." He starts to lean backwards, pulling her forward on top of him. Meredith giggles as they roll over onto the bed, and she finds herself pinned beneath him. "You've had a stressful few days, baby, why don't you let me give you a backrub first?"

Her eyes sparkle at him at the suggestion. "Oooh, that sounds good." He helps her to roll over onto her stomach, and kneels next to her, starting to massage her. He can feel the knots of tension along her shoulders, and his strong sure fingers stroke her carefully, feeling her relax under his touch. His hands move down her back, to the hem of her tiny t-shirt. Meredith moans a little as his fingers make contact with her skin, sliding the shirt higher.

He leans down to press his lips to her shoulder. "Take your shirt off, Mer," he whispers hotly. She pushes herself to her knees, and tugs the shirt up and over her head, her hair swirling around her shoulders and across her breasts. Derek feels the wash of heat starting at his forehead, and rushing down to his groin, and he stifles a groan as she lies down again. He feels just as much anticipation to touch her now, as he did the very first time.

Moving across her legs, his eyes sweep along the line of her spine to the small of her back, and across the curve of her ass, he forces himself to slow down. He continues the massage, and she closes her eyes at the feel of his hands on her warm skin. He kneads her muscles slowly, moving along her back to the top of her shorts, and back up again. "God, you are so good," she moans, her body moving along with his hands, her hips stirring against him.

"So you keep telling me," he teases her, bending over her back, and letting his fingers brush the sides of her breasts. "How does that feel so far?"

"Like heaven," she sighs, her body boneless.

His fingers slide lower, finding her nipples. "And how about that?"

Meredith whimpers, her nipples hard and aching. "Don't stop, Der..."

He rolls her onto her back again, leaning down to kiss her. Her lips are so soft and delicate, and he loses himself in kissing her, and she wraps her arms around his neck. Her breathing deepens, and he presses himself against her, his cock hard and throbbing now, insistent against her. He traces a line from her lips, down her chin, her throat and to her nipple. She arches up to meet his tongue, soft little cries of want urging him on.

Her hands suddenly reach out and stroke him through his pants, and he grows even harder, and he tries to focus on what he is doing. Meredith squirms a little, rubbing him harder. He works his way down her stomach; stopping here and there to plant little kisses randomly across her. He unbuttons her shorts, his fingers trembling with desire to touch her, sliding them down her legs. "God, Mer..." his voice is hoarse, as he looks at her lacey panties, already damp. He presses his mouth to her, and licks her through the thin material until she whimpers.

Then he pulls back, catching his breath, smiling lazily at her. "You're not in a hurry, are you?" Not waiting for her answer, he plants a few more kisses along her thighs, before touching his tongue to the edge of the lace, and then just beneath it, tasting her wetness, and feeling her quiver. He stops for a moment, before putting his mouth against her panties again, kissing her harder, until she bucks against him. He can feel her tightening up, moving in rhythm with his mouth on her. She is dripping wet, and shaking, begging him to keep going.

"Patience, baby," he laughs, kissing his way back up her body, to capture her lips. She is breathing heavily, eyes closed, and he kisses her deeply, wanting to prolong the excitement. His hand drifts down between her legs, tugging at the wet fabric, sliding his hand beneath it. His fingers rub slow circles across her swollen lips, before moving into her. "I want you to enjoy this," he says softly, watching her reaction to what his fingers are doing to her. "We don't have to rush, do we?"

"No," she sighs, looking up at him, her fingers on his lips. Her hips continue to move and she closes her eyes again, abandoning herself to the pleasure that fills her. Derek cups her breast with his other hand, his thumb rubbing circles around her nipple to match the thrust of his fingers. Meredith twitches in delight, and pulls his head back down, to kiss him as she starts to come.

"Derek...god...baby...." she moans against his mouth, feeling like she is going to explode in pleasure. She spasms around his fingers, gasping as the orgasm hits her. He keeps going, as she rides wave after wave, finally relaxing with a huge sigh, a smile curving her lips as she looks up at him. He slowly pulls his fingers away from her, stroking her face, and kissing her softly as she recovers.

"I think it's your turn now, honey," she says, placing her hand on him again, and he throbs in anticipation. "Maybe a backrub is what you need to start with too...."

"My back isn't what needs rubbing right now," he protests.

"Hey, who was all about patience before?" she giggles. "You're not in a hurry now, are you?"