35.

They walk into the party after getting something to eat, not having seeing any sign of Addison. Mark's phone stayed silent, and he just prayed it would stay that way.

The party is loud and bass booms out of the stereo speakers, as the crowd laughs and talks and dances. A few heads turn when they walk in - Meredith and Jenny looking so strikingly similar, long blonde hair, eyes sparkling and faces flushed from the cool air outside. "We need a drink!" Mark shouts over the music, and Jenny nods, letting him pull her into the twisting mass of dancers. Meredith shrugs at Derek, and he takes her hand and pulls her forward too.

Then someone catches her arm, and she turns to look who it is, somehow not really shocked to see Addison there. Meredith tugs Derek backwards, and he turns as well to see what she wants. Then he sees Addison as well, and he frowns. "You've got to be kidding me," he groans.

"Miss me?" she says, but the words are lost in the noise. She blows Derek a little kiss, before turning and disappearing into the crowd. Meredith stares after her for a second, before Derek pulls her along again, finally coming out at the other edge of the room, heading for the kitchen where it's quieter.

"Do you believe that?" Meredith sputters, when they can talk without yelling. "That cow...who does she think she is? Now I'm mad, Derek." Meredith stands, hands on her hips, disbelief on her face. "I hated her back home, and I hate her now," she fumes. "First Mark, now you..."

"Mer, honey, believe me, I don't want anything to do with her," he assures her, placing his hands on her shoulders. "You are my girlfriend, the one and only love of my life..." He stops, as his words sink in, his eyes intent on hers. "Seriously, I just meant that, Mer..."

"Love of your life?" she asks softly, a catch in her voice.

"No doubt in my mind," he replies, kissing her softly, running his hands down her arms, and pulling her tightly against him. For a few moments, all the noise in the other room disappears, as he kisses her again.

Mark and Jenny wander into the kitchen, drinks in hand, his arm over her shoulder. "I told you they would be making out," he murmurs to Jenny, with a grin.

Derek lets Meredith go slowly, as they turn to face their friends. "Addison's here, you guys," Meredith says, settling back against Derek, his arms around her waist.

"God, you're kidding me," Jenny says in shock. "Where is she? I want to see her..."

"She's out in that mob somewhere," Meredith says. "I think we should have a little chat with her, don't you, Jen?"

"I'm with you, Meredith," Jenny says, finishing her drink quickly. "C'mon, we can head for the bathroom, and look for her at the same time."

"Sure," Meredith agrees. "You guys want to wait here? Don't get into trouble."

"Who, us?" Mark asks innocently.

Jenny wrinkles her nose at him, but swats his ass affectionately. "Especially you..."

They wade through the crowd again, avoiding groping hands, and spilled drinks, waving at a few friends they spot. A long line waits outside the bathroom, and they join the end of it, searching for Addison. A few girls with red hair look similar, until closer inspection. Has she left already?

"Damn, am I that drunk? Or seeing double?" the voice behind them asks.

"Oh damn..."

Addison stood behind them, her green eyes narrowed, a mocking smile on her lips. Her eyes flicking from Meredith to Jenny and back again. "I didn't think I had that much to drink..."