Chapter 5- Reset

Back at Kousei's house

"She changed me for the better, and honestly I don't know if I could've done for that myself. I was in such a deep hole, I wasn't happy, and not being able to play without being haunted by mom caused me so much pain. She change my perspective on the world, and without her, I don't know if I would have a reason to be alive right now." Kousei relayed to Bludsworth everything that had happened, from the trauma that his mom caused, to the incredible performance he had just given the previous day.

"That's quite the story, I apologize for forcing you to tell me." Bludsworth was still trying to comprehend everything that Kousei had told him. Being a fourteen year old with that sort of trauma definitely wasn't easy.

"It's okay, people would find out eventually, it's better I tell the story how it happened." Kousei hated it, everything that had happened. He understood that he's supposed to face difficulties throughout his life in order to grow and mature, but not like this. 'Why does music have to make my life so complicated. It takes away the people I love the most. It gave me trauma. It's supposed to be beautiful, not painful.' Kousei looked down at his shoes, unable to think of anything else to say.

"You say she's an amazing violinist?" Kousei looked up, a little confused by what the man's question had to do with the conversation.

"Y-yeah, she's unlike anything you've ever seen. She plays so freely, almost like a madman, but on a whole other level than anything you can find. She's...one of a kind." Kousei thought back to the times they practiced and all the times he saw her perform. There wasn't another violinist at her level, she was special.

"Hmm, I'll trust you have an unbiased opinion towards her level of playing. If what you say is true, then I'll consider opening another spot for her at the school, but I'll need an answer soon. Even though our school begins in august, registration will have to be done by the end of this month in order to get your passports and have everything set up."

"Y-you can really do that?" Kousei was excited at the thought of being close to her, in the United States of all places. He would be able to stick by her side, to get to experience the joy she brought to the world.

"Yes, so are you on board Kousei, this offer won't be available for much longer." Bludsworth held out the stack of papers he had contained in his briefcase.

"If you can convince her to go, then I accept." Kousei took the papers from the man's hands.

"Then it's official, you'll be attending OCSA next fall. I'll have a discussion with the girl's parents later this week. You said her parents owned a bakery, correct?"

"Yes," replied Kousei.

"Well I'll keep that in mind, pleasure to have met you and gotten you on board." Bludsworth stood up and reached out his hand.

"It was a pleasure to meet you as well sir, although I'll wait on her decision before it's official." Kousei accepted the man's hand and shook it.

"Yes of course, well I'll be on my way, have a good evening."

"Safe travels," Hiroko said, opening the door for the man and bidding him farewell. "So you'll be going off to America now huh, you're growing up on me kid." She ruffled his hair in an almost proud way. "Though I have to ask, why are you so determined to not leave her, this is your future and career we're talking about."

Kousei was surprised by her question, but answered regardless, "I guess since I lost mom, I can't lose anyone else, at least not without trying. She saved me, I don't think someone like that just comes into your life and then leaves without a trace like they were never there. Just like I could never turn my back on Tsubaki or Watari, they're like family. I just want to make sure Kaori is safe, I'm...in love with her..."