Chapter Fifty Eight: Ariel

Chapter Fifty-Eight: Ariel (Monday)

Zayn was returning to school today. After weeks of not being there, he'd finally be able to return. I couldn't lie that it made my chest thump with delight. I was happy he was coming back and I would always be happy to know he was close by. I was looking forward to seeing him in the hallways again. His school life and chance a college would remain and I was happy for him.

Liam and Maggie had both stayed the night here last night. I had a feeling had we not been under the watchful eye of Alec and Luci, Kaylin would have never allowed it. Still, we all knew no one was going to steal Maggie's virtue if she didn't want them to and Liam was respectful. Besides that Liam and I had always stayed at each other's houses and were siblings after all.

"Gummy bear? "Liam asked.

"Yeah?"

"Today's the day he comes back."

"I'm glad he gets to come back."

"Even though he attacked your boyfriend. That's something I'm never going to forget and even I know it was too far."

"I'll always care about him."

"For what it's worth I'm glad he's coming back too."

"Really?"

"Don't ever tell him or anyone else I said that but yeah."

"We've known him since we were little so of course, you'd feel that way," I smiled.

"Actually I think I just enjoy arguing with him."

"I know that's true. Arguing is fine just make sure you don't get into a fight."

"It sounds kind of fun but I doubt it would look too good if he got into another fight."

"No probably not."

"I'll support you no matter what sis," he squeezed my shoulder.

"Thank you, Liam."

"You two are going to have breakfast before you leave right?" Mom asked.

"Of course," Liam grinned.

"Good I made cinnamon rolls," she beamed.

"Yum, my favorite. She knows I'm having a stressful day today. She always makes them to make me feel better," Alec smiled coming into the room.

"It's stressful and you haven't even gotten there yet?" Liam asked.

"I have a lot of meetings today," he revealed.

Our door opened making me jump but I calmed when I saw it was only Reggie. "What's up, guys? Papa Alec, Mama Luci what's happening?"

"Cinnamon rolls, get one there warm," Alec said putting one on a plate.

"Don't mind if I do, move it, peasants," Reggie moved past us excitedly.

"Peasants?" Liam and I muttered at the same time.

A knock on the door sounded and I walked over to let Sunny in. "Hey," I smiled.

"Good morning, Reggie heard there were cinnamon rolls and he insisted on stopping by," she explained.

"I'm glad I did," he said with his mouthful.

"Always nice to know your appreciated," mom giggled.

"Is that cinnamon rolls I smell?" Maggie asked walking into the room.

"Not for long, Reggie and Alec are going to eat them all," Liam said.

"So we better get some," I offered.